Home

Weird...max_map_visibility

Jedi_Vogel

I have searched :p and weirdly it gave me no matches even though the thread at the top of this forum contains my search string. But Hey.

I have the evil "MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY exceeded" error. But this is why I think I -shouldn't- have it.

To over-simplify my map:

1. I built a building

2. I put a HUGE wall around it creating HUGE grounds (for further building developments).

I didn't get this error with the building so it's not the structural vs. detail brush argument. The wall around is SOLID and thus HAS to be structural as it, the sky and the floor are what separate it from the void. Fairly normal yes?

Will this error resolve itself when I fill in the huge grounds with buildings and inner walls etc? Or should I just tear down the outerwalls and make the grounds smaller?

Any help would be great :D

Thanks and MTFBWY :)

Not necessarily....where did you get that from?

In large space maps or in large open maps (such as terrain based maps) you should use a large blocksize because there is no need for the vis blocks as practically every single section can see every other section making the vis data (almost) obsolete.

Using _blocksize is a very good thing and is a must if you use a large open area.

Archived