Home

Trojan Horse Dialer.7.H

jon_hill987

AVG gave me this message:

untitled.bmp

I ran a compleat check but it couldn't find the virus as those files are hidden, even with show hidden files and folders on they are off limmits, I typed in the name of the folder and it told me I couldn't access the folder. could someone please tell me how to look in the system volume info files, so I can remove tis virus.

(EDIT) I have win XP

Thanx

That file looks as though it's buried in one of your old restore files.

If you delete your old restore points and run the check again you will probably come up clean. ( Start> All Programs> Accesories> System Tools> System Restore> System Restore Settings> Turn Off System Restore For All Drives ) Then Restart the PC, and repeat the process, only turning Restore back on. Restart again.

Be sure your PC is at a stable point before doing this though, as you will lose any way of restoring to an earlier setting after doing this.

If that doesn't do it, try running an online virus scan like Housecall ( http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp ) since it's not on your PC it sometimes has a better chance of finding and deleting items that can affect the AV tools that you have installed.

Run the latest versions of Spybot and Ad-Aware (available here if you don't have them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html )

Your welcome! :)

I had something similar not that long ago. Norton was finding the same thing every time I scanned, but never seemed to clean it. It wasn't until I figured out that it was part of a restore file that I manged to rid myself of it.

I delete all my restore points from time to time anyway. It's unbelivable how much disk space you can free up by doing that regularly. I like having the safety of System Restore, but it is a space hog!

Archived