Home

Stuck: leaving doom_detention with Jan

jbg_in_to

I have just rescued Jan, and we are trying to work the dual switches. When I hit the switch the door just slams shut again. I am holding down the button, but it just keeps slaming shut, and Jan is trapped. How do I get this to work?

You just have to keep the 'use' key pressed, making sure you're oriented so you can see Jan as she sprints ahead and hits the next switch. *THEN* you can release.

I wonder if your focus is moving off of the switch - that would be the same as releasing the button.

It seems tricky at first, but I just completed my 2nd anniversary run-through, and that took me ~10 seconds from detention to the hanger.

Mike

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Sometimes there's a bug there that keeps Jan from opening the doors with you. If she doesn't do anything when you are pressing the button, restart the level. :)

A smile when he needs to restart after being 99% done with the level?!? Cruel ;)

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

A smile when he needs to restart after being 99% done with the level?!? Cruel ;)

Mike

Sorry, I must have accidentally hit the wrong smiley - here's the fixed post:

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Sometimes there's a bug there that keeps Jan from opening the doors with you. If she doesn't do anything when you are pressing the button, restart the level. :D

:p

Archived