Home

1st person view lightsaber

Devil_505

Originally posted by Devil_505

Can some one please tell me if there is a mod that lets you use the light saber in first person view like in JK2 outcast or would anyone be interested in creating one please?

It's in the current beta of OJP, but very few people use OJP, and having the ojp pk3 and trueview.cfg in your base folder on unnpure servers really messes things up.

Maybe we they'll release trueview as a seperate mod later on.

I would love to use the latest OJP beta on my server (once there's a linux compile) but sadly it goofs up the vehicles code (bad for Hoth siege) and the tab bots for Korriban (while wonderful) screw up the routes I made for the other two maps, so new routes are needed there.

But for FFA, I would think OJP would be the greatest thing... I have people join my server and say "wow you have OJP" when I don't. So I guessing it works on my unpure, but that's speculation.

So yeah, someday OJP! For now it's still the best way to get First Person Lightsaber in JA MP.

Originally posted by Devil_505

Can some one please tell me if there is a mod that lets you use the light saber in first person view like in JK2 outcast or would anyone be interested in creating one please?

If you do a search for it, I think some people found a way to set the camera so that it is sort of a pseudo FP mode...

I was able to use all of the JA+ features and most of the OJP Basic v0.0.5. beta release 1 options while having it in my base. The only feature that did not work was RGB sabers. It previewed correctly, but ingame it was stuck with white cores.

There is a base game command which enables first person for lightsabres; cg_fpls 1. It is alot more buggy in JA, you can see through the head...

Archived