Home

Hi-res cover art, What artists?

JBRAA

Cover art by who? Can you help?

http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/cover-art.shtml (URL now works)

Day of the Tentacle: ?

Escape from Monkey Island: ?

Full Throttle: ?

Grim Fandango: ?

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis: ?

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: ?

Loom: ?

Loom FM Towns edition: ?

Maniac Mansion: ?

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge: Steve Purcell

Sam & Max Hit the Road: Steve Purcell

The Curse of Monkey Island: Bill Tiller

The Dig: Bill Tiller

The Secret of Monkey Island: Steve Purcell

Zak McKracken And the Alien Mindbenders: Steve Purcell

Scans, big thanks to LucasTones.

JBRAA, The Dig's cover art is by Bill Eaken, not Bill Tiller. Eaken's signature is on it.

(Of course, Bill Eaken originally painted the cover for Brian Moriarty's The Dig, so he put four astronauts on it. He later had to paint Toshi Olema out when Sean Clark took over. This link leads to my scan of that cover from Adventurer #6, if you want it.)

Fate of Atlantis = Bill Eaken

Day of the Tentacle = Peter Chan

Escape from Monkey Island = Michael Koelsch

Loom = Mark Ferrari

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade = anonymous Lucasfilm photographer guy

Maniac Mansion is probably Steve Purcell. I know he did the back, at least...

Thanks for the input. I didnt see the Eaken signature. But I knew it was his painting. I slipped writing his name though. Thanks for the heads up. Tell me about where to look to find Eakens mark. I did find P Chan's mark "PC", but wasnt sure if it was what I thought it was.

Do you know if the Loom FM Towns cover art is made by the same person who made the normal Loom cover? I hope to get hi res pix of the triangular box, so I can show online a merge'd pix so you could see the whole original painting, instead of 1/3 at a time.

Originally posted by JBRAA

Thanks for the input. I didnt see the Eaken signature. But I knew it was his painting. I slipped writing his name though. Thanks for the heads up. Tell me about where to look to find Eakens mark. I did find P Chan's mark "PC", but wasnt sure if it was what I thought it was.

Do you know if the Loom FM Towns cover art is made by the same person who made the normal Loom cover? I hope to get hi res pix of the triangular box, so I can show online a merge'd pix so you could see the whole original painting, instead of 1/3 at a time.

I can scan a high-res merged image of the triangluar box for you, as well as FM Towns Zak, Fm Towns Indy 3, Fm Towns Indy 4, the earlier Maniac Mansion releases, etc. Let me know what you want. All I ask is for is a link back to my site where they are to be used, i.e. (contributed by LucasArts Museum).

Archived