Home

Star Wars RTS Game (New!!)

PR-0927

O.K., I misled you with the title. But, I think you might like to know the following:

There is a TC mod in the works called Imperial Assault. It is a TC for Command and Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour. It actually will be a lot better than Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns. Here is the link for the site: http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~imperialassault/.

Make sure you check it out. As soon as I illegally, err, I mean, legally...get C&C: Generals: Zero Hour, I'll be downloading this sweet mod. It is 3D, more units, more options, better gameplay. Oh, and the civilizations are: Galactic Republic (Old Republic), Confederacy, Galactic Empire, and Rebel Alliance.

:fett:

I was on the staff for the Imperial Assault mod as a coder, because I was keen to get another Star Wars RTS. However, I quit recently because of pretty much the reasons Darth Windu gave.

Having joined late I was powerless to show those in charge the error of their ways. They've tried to include every crappy little bit of EU, which leads to not only far too many units, with little or no thought towards how they'll actually fit into the game, but also makes the game feel as un-Star-Warsy as possible.

The mod definitely had potential, but it will be far worse than Clone Campaigns, both in gameplay and Star-Warsy-ness.

When (or more likely if) they get finished, I might re-code it and make a mod for myself using their models and skins but making it more like Star Wars.

Archived