Home

problem with MI1

ok i know that you guys don't like to get involved in legal/illegal stuff.. but i think this is a secret that i came upon in the game.. i have the original "Monkey Island Madness" CD with monkey island 1, monkey island 2 and the curse of monkey island demo.. now my problem is that when i went into the forest i came upon a tree stump and im not sure i remember what i did (ie. PULL/PUSH/OPEN stump) but he got down on his knees and he started fiddling with the tree stump then a little window popped up asking me for disk#22 and two more other disks i think.. im not really sure about the other two disk numbers.. but that's besides the point.. after i clicked on ok.. guybrush said the following..

"I guess I'll just skip this part of the game for now."

does ANYONE at all know what that leads to or if it was a glitch or anything.. because i started the game all over again to try it but it didn't work.. the game never asked me for any disks.. he just said thinks like.. "I can't pull that." or push etc..

i DO own the original disk which IS WHY i want to know why it didn't work.. and whether or not that is a secret part of the game or not.. i am willing to take this as far as i have to.. please reply ASAP..

Thank You in advance

I never got what was so great about this joke, most people (like the thread starter0 just thought it was a game glitch.

and then it was revisited in CMI. That was at least a tiny bit better as you got a sense of nostalgia from returning to SOMI (without going in the water about 40 times)

Archived