Home

Scripting Items into the Game

True_None

Hey,

Question is simple. I've finally developed some items remotely decent. I'd rather not use the cheat codes to get my stuff, I'd rather script them into the game. I'd also liek to start scripting so that I could begin working on my own recruit mods, which I have another thread for. I was wondering if anyone has some pointers for me. I already have Kotor Tool and a GFF editor, but that its. I do have Neverwinter Nights if thats anything, but I don't really understand the scipting process on that. Any help would be nice.

Sincerely,

True None :fett:

Guest waterhammer

The darkside choker on pcgamemods has an example script in it that places it in game if you want an example of scripting.

I think I've finally figured out the basics of scripting and I was ready to test it out. Only one problem, I forgot to ask how you edit/create new scripts for kotor. I know what to type in order to create whatever wherever whenever, but I have no idea how to find the program I need to start typing. Any help would be great, becuase I can't do anything until I figure this out. :fett:

Originally posted by True_None

I think I've finally figured out the basics of scripting and I was ready to test it out. Only one problem, I forgot to ask how you edit/create new scripts for kotor. I know what to type in order to create whatever wherever whenever, but I have no idea how to find the program I need to start typing. Any help would be great, becuase I can't do anything until I figure this out. :fett:

Notepad :D

save with an .nss extension

Archived