Home

Hello. I'm new to modeling and need help!!!

Darthspiv

Hello there! I'm glad to be a member of such an interesting board for modeling and stuff. I really want to start modeling, but I've never done it before. I need to know the programs I'll need, some requirements to model vehicles, and how to use these programs.

So, I plan on making vehicle mods for Jedi Academy, but do I have to make a level to test the vehicle on or can I use a level I already have in Multiplayer?

I want to take like, a hovering vehicle (like a swoopbike) and turn it into a real car! Something along the lines of a 57 Chevy. I want it to be like a hover version though, to float a bit off the ground like a swoopbike.

So what should I know to get started in the modeling field. Remember, this is my first time, so I'll need any help/advice necessary!!! Thanks for any help provided! :D

This isn't a request for someone to make the mod for me, I'm requesting any help/advice that any of you can give me!!!

Originally posted by Druid Bremen

Apparently not, because it does not seem to be able to export as the format which the JA engine uses, and the file format is md3.

Actually gmax does export to md3, but what you need is xsi...

Yes, it costs money, and hell of a lot of it also.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

Actually gmax does export to md3, but what you need is xsi...

Yes, it costs money, and hell of a lot of it also.

It does export to md3, but only when you get tempest, and then the controls look all out of whack lol.

Actually, you can use GMAX like I am using it. I'm still new to it, but you can export stuff as .md3's with the Tempest add-on (which really messed me up, believe me...).

I'm sending my stuff to KOTORMRJAY to see if he can help. He told me that he could.

:fett:

Originally posted by Darthspiv

Click this please?

I'm also having a problem with Gmax. When I run it, it gives me this error. How do I fix this?

EDIT::: Fixed the link...

You need to open the DOS console to fix this.

Select Start - Run and open the command program.

There navigate to your GMAX folder.

cd\ brings you all the way back to your drive's root

cd <foldername> brings you to a specific folder

In the GMAX folder type gmax -h

This will start GMAX with the graphics options. Select a graphics driver that your computer supports.

Archived