Home

Ordering Monkey Islands

Strasse

Howdy folks,

I've been looking for the monkey island collector's pack recently, and I am getting desperate! Noone seems to be shipping it outside of the USA.

I know there's the mega monkey pack (games 1-4), or 'The ultimate collection' (1-3) {correct me if im wrong with these} and to be honest either of these would be good, but trying to find a store that ships them to Australia (where I live) is proving impossible. Anyone able to tell me where I can order the mega monkey bundle from, that will ship it outside of the USA?

Thanks in advance!

Heya there, and thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it seems that the bounty pack is unavailable to buy at any of the sites that I have been looking at. I have yet to find a site that sells the bundles, outside of the lucasarts site.

I only really want is monkey island 1 and 2 on CD, and it's almost a conspiracy to see a game so good be so hard to find.

What I was thinking is to get a friend of mine in the USA to buy the mega bundle (1-4) for me, and then have it posted to me. I hope that works and that it doesn't involve any complications.

In the meanwhile, a free bottle of rum to anyone who finds me a brand new monkey island bundle pack to buy and ship overseas!

Thanks again :)

if LucasArts think it isn't the appropriate time to put adventure games on the market, then why have they suddenly bought out a pack of all the Monkey Island games?

So they could taunt us Australians by saying they won't ship them here! Yaaaarg!

But in all seriousness, thank you folks for your help. A very dear friend of mine is helping me get my hands on it.

The reason why they are bringing them all back into one pack may have sadly nothing to do with a prelude to another monkey island title. I fear that it's just another way to squeeze some more profit from some great games, whilst essentially having to spend no money on their part.

then why have they suddenly bought out a pack of all the Monkey Island games?

According to the lady at the LucasArts store that bundle has been out for some time now - and is apprently sold out. I'm gonna call again tomorrow and hope I get someone different. I just can't believe it sold out so fast, and the website didn't state this on the ordering page.

Originally posted by James Isaac

Hey, i just thought of something... if LucasArts think it isn't the appropriate time to put adventure games on the market, then why have they suddenly bought out a pack of all the Monkey Island games?

so they can get rid of their existing stock.

Originally posted by Strasse

Sadly it looks like they've succeeded :(

I'm enquiring now when more might be coming in (if at all) Would love to know if anyone here has the word up on that.

Where abouts do you live in Australia? I'm a fellow Aussie and a few years back I wanted the Monkey Island Collectors edition (1-4) and I found it the first day I looked for it right in my local area. I live in a suberb called Eltham in Victoria and got mine from Harvey Norman in 'Greensborough Shopping Centre' for $70. So probably any Harvey Norman store has it, hope this helps you!

Thanks matey, i'll check out harvey norman. I'm in Perth, I've called EB but they don't seem to have it.

The sad part is that since the pack is fairly old, I doubt any stores still have it in stock anymore.

Thanks for the lead though :) I'll check it out

Heya bud,

I currently have monkey Island 2 and 3. My copy of Mi2 is on 5 1/4 inch disks however, and not only am I missing a floppy drive, I doubt the floppies are actually any good anymore since they've seen better days. I did have monkey island 1 too, but it was part of a multi game compilation pack which I stupidly lost when I moved 5 years ago.

Since I wanted to play Monkey Island 1 and 2 again, and also get the newest installment of the series to play at some future date I figured the complete set would be the best to get.

I thank everyone who has chipped in with advice. I'll keep looking, since it's pretty much all I can do, and I appreciate all the help and kindness you folks have shown me.

I'll keep you guys posted on how the search goes :)

Ah, okay then, Iw as afriad you wereone of those guys who alredy had all 4 games, but was obsessing over a multipack because it might be 'special' to own. Good to hear you're not one of those and actually need the other two games. I wish you luck in your quest.

Archived