Home

Considering

Nevhision

So JTL has been anounced. Unfortunately I've gone on an mmorpg so I've been thinking about space sims. Whats good? Is a joystick necessary and what should I look for when buying one? Is XWA the best out there or what about Freespace 2?

-Nev

XWA and Freespace 2 are both excellent, in my opinion, and are very different games, which means it's worth owning both if you like space sims. I personally like XWA better, but I play Freespace 2 a lot as well.

You do need a joystick for XWA. I'm not sure about Freespace 2. I don't think you'd enjoy yourself much playing without one, though. It's really a must-have.

Although I don't have one myself, USB digital sticks with force feedback are the way to go these days. One I recommend is the Logitech Force 3D. If you're looking to "cut the cord", Logitech also makes a cordless stick, the Freedom 2.4.

As far as demoing goes. XWA needs a joystick and I'm trying to burrow one from a friend. Freespace 2 is alot more fast pace and fun compared to starshatter. But I can aim better in starshatter since you move in the direction of the mouse instead of the num pad. Will ny whole aiming probelms change with a joystick?

Archived