Home

Traffic?

RoxStar

I'm pretty sure there is a flag on func_train to cause damage.

Setting up numerous func_trains is pain in the arse though. I've tried it myself and you can realisitcally only have a few trains going at once.

What i've tried doing on my Coruscant test maps is making traffic by creating a stream of traffic and binding them all to one func_train entity. The only problem with this is when the train turns round the corner - it rotates all the traffic at the origin brush and looks ****e.

The work around solution for this is to have the traffic coming out and going back into a tunnel, setting the invisible flag at the points where you don't want to see it and have the traffic looping round out of the playable part of the map.

Another problem with this method is that for extended periods of time, while the traffic is not in view, you'll get no traffic. This will necessitate setting up multiple func_trains at staggered start points to keep it continual.

As I said - a pain in the arse

Note: you cannot have more than 1 train per "track". The game doesn't like it.

If anyone can think of a better way of creating convincing, heavy traffic, then please reply as this is something that I have an active interest in.

[edit] awesome - it didn't let me type "sh!te"

Archived