Home

MI1 on Amiga

Treelady

Hello everybody!

I found MI1 on our old Amiga, but we have no manual, so we cannot get started 'cause the programm asks for some information about old pirates (when they died or were captured). I think that the information could be found on the manual, or on the Internet, so if someone knows a good link to a site which has the pirateinfo, I'd be more than happy...thanks

Actually the dead pirate thing comes from the pirate wheel that cam with the ganme. you'd make up the pirate by turning the wheel and then type in the year it wshowed up. Because a reproduction of this would constitute piracym which is illegal, no websites have this for you to download. I'm afraid, if you've lost this wheel, then you'd have to either get yourself a new copy of the game which doesn't come with this puzzel at the beginning ot just leave it. i believe if you go to the Luasarts website, they may have an address where you can send these disks in and they'll send you a replacement CD with the game on. But this may just be a rumour, i'm not sure for I haven't myself checked.

Contact LucasArts about it. Although their replacement policy page states that a proof of purchase is required, it might not be. I e-mailed them in advance about the Nuke'M Alarms manual (the copy-protection for Maniac Mansion) and all I required was $2.50 and a short letter of explanation, while the replacement policy page stated that I needed $7.50 and a proof of purchase. In any event, LucasArts should be able to mail you a replacement pirate wheel with minimum hastle. Just e-mail them for specifics.

Archived