Home

Armor... Confusion

Lord Haine

Hi everyone, i just recently got some Bone Armor, which was quite cheap so i dont think it was very good. But i was just wondering how do i find out what % it is, because people are saying 70% Bone Armor and things in Corinet and i was wondering how do i find out the %, also, what does it mean? im guessing the higher it is the better the armor is?

And one more thing, i want to be a Rifleman so thats the direction im going in, can anyone recomend any good armor for me? because im really encumbered at the moment, i dont know wether thats ok, so, can anyone recomend the kind of armor to get? Thanks alot.

If you examine a piece of armor it will give you a list of damage types and how much resistance the armor has to each one. This can be confusing and a little daunting at first, but after a little while you'll start to understand what everything is.

Creatures hit for Kinetic damage, so if you're doing PvE the best armor is Ubese. The higher end stuff can get around 77% Kin res (the higher the better). A full set of Ubese on Starsider goes for about 150k

Composite armor is good all around, especially for PvP. The Armorsmiths can get half of the resistances up to 80%, and the others no less than 70%. A set of this stuff will go for between 500k - 1mil.

The better the armor the higher the encumberance, but if you have 10k laying around you can go get Doctor buffs which increase all your non-Mind stats by 2k+. You will usually see people lined up by a Doctor trying to get these in Coronet.

If you're a noob and fighting to get any money you can, I'd suggest doing this...

1)Work on getting money until you get 10k. Once you get 10k, get a set of Doctor buffs.

2) See if you can find a higher "level" player and group with them, and this will increase your missions difficulty (and the reward). You have to be careful you don't get something too high, but with your new buffs you will be able to do better missions.

3)With the new mission rewards you will get money faster. You should be able to get another 10k no problem, so if you need buffs again you can get them. What you really want to save your money for though is some Ubese armor (75%+ kinetic res). The only pieces you'll really need to buy are a Jacket, Helm and Boots.

Sorry for the length of the post, I hope it helps you out :). BTW it doesn't matter what Profession you are, Ubese and Composite will always be the best two types of armor.

i can get a set of 70% kinetic Ubese for 35k, or a full set of 80% kinetic, 78% electricity, 59% base for 130k, so really if i wanted everything over 70% it'd probly only cost me about 200k. The armorsmith i go to has amazing prices. I saw the same set i have somewhere else for 400k:rolleyes:

Archived