Home

Joint Operations-Typhoon Rising

CapNColostomy

I downloaded the demo and I must say. Its very buggy. O met all the system requirements and i had to turn everything to the "off" or "low" settings to get the lag down to being playable. My system specs are:

1.2 GHZ Processor

64MB Video Card

256 MB of Ram.

Is there a problem like this with the full version?

Originally posted by The Silent One

Well hey, I can't help feeling a little pride being born in the country and having some ancestry there. :D

Lol, if we hadn't had that chat earlier today, I would have mistaken that as you being proud of the nazis :p

I've played the full version on two machines now. My wifes, and my own. While it certainly runs better on hers (faster cpu, 2.0 ghz I think), it runs fine on mine(1.6 ghz). My video is a regular old GeForce 2 100/200 MX 64 mb, running DX 9.0b, and hers is basically the same only a GeForce 4. Oh well.

Originally posted by RoxStar

Have you tried the demo? I really like this game but I don't want to buy it if It runs like the demo. I want my screens to look like the screenshots online.

Well, like I said in my other post, I tried the beta demo, and it wouldn't run at all. It instantly froze up everytime. But that hasn't happened once with the full version. For performance reasons, I have most of my graphics options set to normal or low on my machine, mainly because I play as a sniper and any sort of video lag, combined with regular server/client lag, may mean the difference between giving away my position and blowing an extra hole in someones head. But on my wifes machine, it runs beatifully on normal and high, and about the only difference between them is processor speed.

If I were you, next time your at the store, have a look at the box, or just check online as to what the minimum requirements are, because I don't know why you guys are finding it buggy, other than maybe that's a problem with the demo. I haven't found any bugs or glitches so far. If you meet or exceed them, I highly suggest getting this game. I've hardly touched the Battlefield games (I have them all) since I got this. But if you're not sure if you meet the requirements, I guess I'd not get it if it was me in your place.

Archived