Home

Question???

Venom750

This is for all you exepert sw galaxies and PC owner. I have tried to download the 14 day free trial and after a day i got but a message comes up saying

"Direct 3D could not initialized video card may not support hardware transform and lighting"

I figued out that my video card is not support by the game so is they anyway to fix the problem without buying a new video card?:confused: :confused:

Guest DarthMaulUK

A new card will be required. Dont worry though. Post your budget, if you are in a position to buy one, and we can offer some help on decent cards.

The blistering Sapphire ATi 9800pro 128MB can be yours for just £150 new and probably alot cheaper on ebay. Most games require HTL now so its worth considering an upgrade

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked at some of the video cards support for Galaxies and some of the cards are ebay are cheap like ATI Radeon 8500 Series etc.Are an cheap ones good.

Also what do the numbers mean under Windows XP Driver?

Guest DarthMaulUK

8500 should be fine. Those numbers are the latest driver version that you can download from Ati's website. Graphic card drivers are normally updated every 6 months but more recently it has been every 3 months.

The 8500 is an old card now but if you can stretch to the one i have mentioned at the start of the post - that is certainly an excellent card, since it was £300 not so long ago

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

There is a list of cards on the billing section of this site. Where in the world are you.

Really, its only credit cards or gaming cards - which are not on sale in Europe. Check the Game card sticky for info on how to get them imported

DMUK

Archived