Home

Who destroyed The Senate

My best guess is emperor Palpatine but then the question comes to mind on how. How does a leader destroy the senate when it is mainly based on votes of others and he is really there to over see it? Does he maybe assainate world leaders or does he take over planets and threaten there lives?

Now really, Palpatine did disolve the senate. In Episode IV, Moff Tarkin says the Emperor disolved the senate and that he was going to control the systems with local governors. That's why Moffs are for.

Moff Tarkin, Moff Jerjerrod, Moff Rebus (EU), etc.

Yeah but a cover for what reason. I mean who could stop them? They had complete control practically until the Death Star was destroyed for the first time then it started to slow down for them but once the emperor was destroyed that seemed to have been the end of a major control factor.

They had to keep the cover until the Death Star was finished, then the Emperor could finally disolve the so called Senate. The got cocky and overconfident in their technological error before they could reach their apogee.

First things first: abre los ojos. Now, I'm making my point about why the Emperor had an Imperial Senate, and why he disolved it. I only deduct things from what I see in the movies. I don't like EU or alternate readings, I think they're bullsh1t, approved by Lucas for the only purpose of earning some more of the mighty buck.

I won't say is not likeable, so it's ok with me that ppl like it. I don't like ppl getting too technical becuz they've read some books I don't know about. As for the EU itself, well, I like Dark Forces and Shadows of The Empire. They seem to be good stories to go in between the original trilogy movies.

But the old senate is gone. That's also whatb they talked about, i believe. 'The senate is gone, the last trails of the old republic are dead' or something like that. Someone said that during the meeting in wich Darth Vader almost chokes that guy but is stopped by Tarkin.

Ah yes you are right about that but there was still great power with the emperor and you must remember his legion started to make the amazing Empire and practically made Rome the most powerful force to ever exist with its many places they had conquered.

The senate, in most cases, is as powefull as corrupt, that's why they brought down many empires. I don't think Palpatine was fool enough to conserve a senate corrupting the base of his new empire. He was the only ruler, the big cheese, the guy with cojones. No imperial senate was needed.

Archived