Home

AT-AT Hitpoints

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

After looking at the Tech Tree, I was dissapointed to see that AT-ATs have less than 300 hitpoints. I was expecting atleast around 500 or so. For a unit of that magnitude and purpose, it seems to have been compromised too much just for the sake of game balance. What are your opinions (You as in fellow posters) on this?

Guest Emp_Palpatine

dun they have like an armor of 9??? (not including upgrade)

and i think its the 1st version of AT-AT (assault mech) that has 300 hitpoints

i bet the 2nd researched version of AT-AT (Heavy assualt mech) has more hitpoints and armor

Guest dr_death

tri, either way i will destroy you next time we play,

i think the at-ats should of been stronger because a jedi can destroy them, because they carnt fire at a close raange, can they destroy planes?? one of the first things i am going to do is to is go on the senario editor and have snowspeeders vs at-at's.

i want to see there custom death

Guest DarkTrooper
and i think its the 1st version of AT-AT (assault mech) that has 300 hitpoints

no i looked at the tech tree and it is the hvy AT-AT that has it and the MTT has the same stats as hvy AT-AT

Guest Lord Tirion

Dr. Death, you live up to your name when you play me =P

You will always bow to me! For I am the Master! Muwhahah

Guest Lord Tirion

but.. but.. he started it! =P

Me and Dr. Death had a fun game and I enjoyed playing with him. A real decent guy. Cant wait to play with him again.

Guest Palpatine
Originally posted by Tirion *Nexsis*

After looking at the Tech Tree, I was dissapointed to see that AT-ATs have less than 300 hitpoints. I was expecting atleast around 500 or so. For a unit of that magnitude and purpose, it seems to have been compromised too much just for the sake of game balance. What are your opinions (You as in fellow posters) on this?

I totally agree. In AoK, the hyped up Persian War Elephants have 600 hit points! 600!!!! That's two ATAT's to equal one War Elephant! And they're elephants for crying out loud! A machine with the power and magnitude of the ATAT which could hold many War Elephants could and should be a lot more than miserable 200 hitpoints.

Guest Sirion

If you looked at the tech tree it only says the base hitpoints without upgrades. There are hitpoint increasing techs for tech 3 and 4....plus I believe I saw a hitpoint increaser for Imperial mechs only in the tech tree as well.

Guest PsYch0_P!mP

You ****ing idiots dont get it! You cant compare aok with gb. The developers just used the aok engine. So dont compare an AT-AT with a ****ing elephant!!!!!!!!:mad:

Guest Lord Tirion

LOL! I can see it now.. that naked dude with a loin cloth on a armored elephant butting its head against an AT-AT leg right before it steps on it lol.

Guest god3345

Heavy assault mech: 300 hp, 4 armour, 9 dura-armour

Sith Master : 300 hp, 1 armour, 6 dura-armour

imperial mechs get a +50 hp upgrade and a +25%hp upgrade.

sith dont get any.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by god3345

sith dont get any.

Hmm, ok so thats 350 HP + 25% = about 437 HP Not too shabby. plus, they have 6 dura-armour so they won't take that much damage from lasers. Mounted units and sith may be your best bet against these behemoths.

Guest Lord Tirion

If you are rebels, its snowspeeders all the way. The rest of the civs might be canons or like you said, Jedi/Sith or.. another AT-AT.

Come to think about it, that will be sweet when there is an AT-AT war between themselves.

Guest Maul403

guys AOE is about 500 times dif. than this game...u cant compare elephants from AOE to mechs from GB...AOE units dealt more damage than GB units

Guest Mad_Dog

best imp army- (for a 75 unit limit accounting for workers)

4 AT-AT's

6 bounty hunters

3 sith masters

5 sith knights

10 AT-ST's

10 T/D

10 avd T/B

and 2 cannons

anti air optional- 5 mechs and/or troopers

opinions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Admiral Thrawn

sith dont get any.

Heavy assault mech: 300 no upgrades

Heavy assault mech: 350 w/ = +50 hitpoints

Heavy assault mech: 437.5 rounded to 438 w/ +25%hp upgrade.

Archived