Home

E-mail didn't work. EFMI Trivia!

Dassassin

I noticed that the Escape From Monkey Island Trivia is lacking somewhat, so I figured I may as well pass along three little tidbids in hopes you'd get the screenshots and add them to your site. Here goes:

In the Halls 'o Justice, there's a sign which Guybrush reads from... in Latin, it says: Contra leges marinas latrocinium maris est". English translation (rough): "Sea robbery is against the naval code" or "Piracy is against the laws of the sea".

Also on Lucre Island, there's a bench near 'ye olde bait shoppe' (the Bait Shop) where, if you sit down, Guybrush says something along the lines of "Life is like pillaging a ship headed for Jamestown, you never know what you're gunna get" (alluding to the movie Forest Gump).

One more from Lucre Island, and also in Lucre Island: If you examine the Iron Maiden sitting against the wall, Guybrush says "Iron Maiden! EXCELLENT!". This alludes to the movie "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the Scumm Bar, and I hope you guys keep on updating. Thanks for the site, and keep it up!

Archived