Home

Help with recruitment mod

Achilles

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a mod that will allow me to recruit Kel Algwinn on Dantooine (after convincing him to leave the Sith on Korriban). I've researched every thread that I can find on this board and compared files with several existing recruit mods trying to find why it does not work.

The dialog works, and using TK102's dialog editor, I think that I've been able to confirm that the script should be firing. When I go to Dantooine, I get the dialog options, however he does not enter my party *shrug*.

Would someone who's been successful with this type of mod be willing to take a look at what I have and point me in the right direction? It's not the end of the world if I don't get it too work, but I am trying to expand the horizons of my modding ability =)

If you're interested in helping me out, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you the .rar. Thanks in advance!

Achilles

Originally posted by Achillies

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a mod that will allow me to recruit Kel Algwinn on Dantooine (after convincing him to leave the Sith on Korriban). I've researched every thread that I can find on this board and compared files with several existing recruit mods trying to find why it does not work.

The dialog works, and using TK102's dialog editor, I think that I've been able to confirm that the script should be firing. When I go to Dantooine, I get the dialog options, however he does not enter my party *shrug*.

Would someone who's been successful with this type of mod be willing to take a look at what I have and point me in the right direction? It's not the end of the world if I don't get it too work, but I am trying to expand the horizons of my modding ability =)

If you're interested in helping me out, please PM me with your email address and I'll send you the .rar. Thanks in advance!

Achilles

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: this is my project! please leave this, i've nearly completed it :( please dont do this, i didnt create puplity becoz i wanted to suprise everyone, if you dont believe me talk to Darth333, she has helpped throught the whole thing. all i need to do now is do put Kels Portrait in. :( again please i beg of you step away from Kel, :( [:'( please choose another NPC please :'(]

MattCole

EDIT plz forgive me, you would've found something about me creating this mod if T7nowhere didn't clean out the Mod Request thread, sorry :(

Originally posted by MattColejk

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: this is my project! please leave this, i've nearly completed it :( please dont do this, i didnt create puplity becoz i wanted to suprise everyone, if you dont believe me talk to Darth333, she has helpped throught the whole thing. all i need to do now is do put Kels Portrait in. :( again please i beg of you step away from Kel, :( [:'( please choose another NPC please :'(]

MattCole

EDIT plz forgive me, you would've found something about me creating this mod if T7nowhere didn't clean out the Mod Request thread, sorry :(

*pointing and laughing* Sorry, can't help it =)

First: Congratulations on your first mod

Second: YOUR project? Hmmm, interesting....

Third: I will finish my Kel mod despite your abrasive attempt to stop me, but you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it...I have no intention of publishing it =)

Cheers.

*pointing and laughing* Sorry, can't help it =)

First: Congratulations on your first mod

Second: YOUR project? Hmmm, interesting....

Third: I will finish my Kel mod despite your abrasive attempt to stop me, but you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it...I have no intention of publishing it =)

Cheers.

nah go on publish it ...sniff... i aint no good at modding anyway, and i didnt really do it myself, Darth333 did ALL the work, all i did was come up with the ideas, it would've been Darth333s mod, published by me and my first mod was when i mixed Svosh's and PrtyLizardJedi's Malak Skins together, you probably wont know it, New Bubble Mech Malak.

MattCole

PS Achillies, please release it, someone has to, and i've realised my mistake with MY Kel Algwinn recuritment mod.

nah go on publish it ...sniff... i aint no good at modding anyway, and i didnt really do it myself, Darth333 did ALL the work, all i did was come up with the ideas, it would've been Darth333s mod, published by me and my first mod was when i mixed Svosh's and PrtyLizardJedi's Malak Skins together, you probably wont know it, New Bubble Mech Malak.

MattCole

PS Achillies, please release it, someone has to, and i've realised my mistake with MY Kel Algwinn recuritment mod.

You do whatever you feel you have to, but I still have no intention of publishing it. My mod has Kel starting out in a wig and women's underwear (yes, I edited the model too). If anyone knew that I made a mod like that, they might think that I'm really weird or something....

Seriously, there's no point in quitting if you're so close to finishing it. If you really do feel as though you've over-extended yourself, then perhaps you should try something that doesn't feel like trying to nail Jello to a tree.

Maybe a few custom lightsabers and a couple more skins will help give you the confidence to take on the bigger mods.

Good luck!

You do whatever you feel you have to, but I still have no intention of publishing it. My mod has Kel starting out in a wig and women's underwear (yes, I edited the model too). If anyone knew that I made a mod like that, they might think that I'm really weird or something....

Seriously, there's no point in quitting if you're so close to finishing it. If you really do feel as though you've over-extended yourself, then perhaps you should try something that doesn't feel like trying to nail Jello to a tree.

Maybe a few custom lightsabers and a couple more skins will help give you the confidence to take on the bigger mods.

Good luck!

Thank you, Thank you so much :D you'll never know how much this truely means to me. thank you again :) i hope you dont mind me using your thread for this : Could someone help me, i've got a pic of Kel Alwginn for his portrait but im afraid i dont know how to do this, please someone help

MattCole

My mod has Kel starting out in a wig and women's underwear

lol, i'd like to see the dialogue for that initial conversation :)

anyway, matt stop bein so melodramatic, your getting upset over a mod. Although it might be annoying to see someone else making the same mod, to be fair you didnt announce it, so you cant expect him jsut to stop making it. Im semi making a Kel Algwinn recruit mod myself, although i was only making it for my own use, im not gonna go getting all upset over it. You cant copyright a mod like this.

anyway, Achillies if you PM me ill see if i can help you, give me your email on the PM and i'll send you a .nss file of the script for one of my recruitment mods so you can compare it.

Doom

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

matt stop bein so melodramatic, your getting upset over a mod. Although it might be annoying to see someone else making the same mod, to be fair you didnt announce it, so you cant expect him jsut to stop making it. Im semi making a Kel Algwinn recruit mod myself, although i was only making it for my own use, im not gonna go getting all upset over it. You cant copyright a mod like this.

if you looked at the previous's posts i did it mentions me saying firstly : informing Achillies (very rudly, im sorry) about me creating the mod, and in the Mod request, i did make a fuss about creating this mod, but T7Nowhere saw it fit to clean this sticky so there is no evidence, secondly i decided to let Achillies release the mod, and he informs me that he will make it but refuses to publish it. then he told me to finish what i started, so i did what he said (i hope) and im not getting upset about a mod, im just surprised to see someone create a mod that im also creating. and no offence Doom, we've had our laughs so dont take this to heart, i really didnt think / hope / wish Achillies would stop making any mod including this one, so im annoyed that you would even think this, and the fact that you POSTED IT?! thats what gets me, you could've told me this over a PM but you decided to bring this into the whole forum attention?!? but i dont want to get in a flame war or anything like that, we've had too many laughs in the past. please dont take ANY of this post to heart

MattCole

if you looked at the previous's posts i did it mentions me saying firstly : informing Achillies (very rudly, im sorry) about me creating the mod, and in the Mod request, i did make a fuss about creating this mod, but T7Nowhere saw it fit to clean this sticky so there is no evidence, secondly i decided to let Achillies release the mod, and he informs me that he will make it but refuses to publish it. then he told me to finish what i started, so i did what he said (i hope) and im not getting upset about a mod, im just surprised to see someone create a mod that im also creating. and no offence Doom, we've had our laughs so dont take this to heart, i really didnt think / hope / wish Achillies would stop making any mod including this one, so im annoyed that you would even think this, and the fact that you POSTED IT?! thats what gets me, you could've told me this over a PM but you decided to bring this into the whole forum attention?!? but i dont want to get in a flame war or anything like that, we've had too many laughs in the past. please dont take ANY of this post to heart

MattCole

You forgot the part about being melodramatic. I wonder if posts like these are what he was referring to =)

LET IT GO!!! You'll feel better.

If he doesn't I will. :p Haven't seen a good flame war ni a while, T7 and Prime are a little too strict, I mean come on, flame wars can be fun!

published by me and my first mod was when i mixed Svosh's and PrtyLizardJedi's Malak Skins together, you probably wont know it, New Bubble Mech Malak.

Oh one more thing, I have a fairly good memory (or not, as the case may be) but didn't you say that you found it? I'm so easily confused.:eek:

Oh and as for the portrait, it depends on the character it replaces I think. I haven't done much along the lines of a recruitment mod, never really liked them, but all my portrait replacements have been done that way. For example if it replaces Juhani, the portrait is po_Juhani(1*) I forgot if the 1 goes there... Anyway if I'm wrong feel free to yell at me. :D

and no offence Doom, we've had our laughs so dont take this to heart

I remember some post of you trying to stop ppl from fight, when they just laughed. I don't think Doom Dealer made something wrong at all. So let's just stop this and try to help Achilles. That's what this topic is about, right?

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Oh one more thing, I have a fairly good memory (or not, as the case may be) but didn't you say that you found it? I'm so easily confused.:eek:

i said i found it, svosh says i mixed it, seeing as hes done umpteen million mods i side with him, (not at start though)

MattCole

melodramatic doesnt only mean getting upset over small things, it means exagerating emotians (i.e. when you seemed like you won the lottery after you found it he wasnt going to release it)

anyway, now thats outa the way lets just leave it as another North -> South misunderstanding, lets not start another civil war over it.

anyway LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC

do you want me to take a look achillies, see where your going worng?

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

do you want me to take a look achillies, see where your going worng?

Sure. I emailed you with my email address so that you could send that script, but I think that I found the issue. The dialog fires the script a little early. I think I can fix it, it's just going to take some time. In any event, it works well enough for my own personal use =)

Now this other "recruit" mod that I'm working on will be published. It's an entirely new character (with voiced dialog...kinda) that will replace HK-47. It's about 60% complete and should be ready by the end of the week *excited*.

if you looked at the previous's posts i did it mentions me saying firstly : informing Achillies (very rudly, im sorry) about me creating the mod, and in the Mod request, i did make a fuss about creating this mod, but T7Nowhere saw it fit to clean this sticky so there is no evidence,

ahem. do you mean this post Matt evidence

The posts that I deleted were irelevent and had absolutely

nothing to do with modding. I did not delete any post in the request thread that discussed mods.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

ahem. do you mean this post Matt evidence

The posts that I deleted were irelevent and had absolutely

nothing to do with modding. I did not delete any post in the request thread that discussed mods.

oh my god, i am sooooo sorry i thought you did delete those, please please please accept my sinsire apoligy, i was mistaken, and im sorry

MattCole

oh my god, i am sooooo sorry i thought you did delete those, please please please accept my sinsire apoligy, i was mistaken, and im sorry

MattCole

Matt,

How is your Kel Algwinn recruit coming? Do you still intend on releasing it? Please let me know, because if you've changed your mind I'd like to ask your permission to post mine.

Normally, I would not ask first, however I did tell you that I would not release it and I know that this mod means (meant) a lot to you.

Thanks.

Archived