Home

New faction update should be coming soon.

Global Strike

I just think they just randomly choose a faction at a certain time and decide to release the details. They probably had all the information and photos ready for separtist back in May when they released it and that is why they released it in. The same thing will probably happen for July's faction details.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I just think they just randomly choose a faction at a certain time and decide to release the details. They probably had all the information and photos ready for separtist back in May when they released it and that is why they released it in. The same thing will probably happen for July's faction details.

it's called keeping the audience interested by "frequent updates". One big update does not create as much attention as 5 little bump does, ask the attack of the clones total conversion. gothix will agree with me there

id have done the same thing...besides whats the deal, you knew em all before the updates came out :p

We really don't know for sure what the Empire faction will look like because I have seen recently released screenshots from June 2004 showing a Imperial Officer and then I have seen one screenshot that looks like a Darktrooper. I want to know for sure that the Imperial Officer is in the game. It just doesn't make sense that Lucasarts wants to make Battlefront and sell it so we can recreate battles of both trilogies but then have a darktrooper in the game on the empire side but not the Imperial Officer.

Unfortunantly Joe, they've decided to give the officer the boot and make the Pilot a medic. :roleyess:

Since the Bothan spies are gone now, the officers have no use of catching spies.

There was an article sometime that said all the classes (but didn't go into weapon detail, descriptions, etc.) and the Dark Trooper indeed was the special for the Empire. Another great class bites the dust. :roleyess:

the rebel sniper has the ability to use a disguise thingy..SO..there would be a use for the officer. Not to mention calling in air strikes is jsut cool..and..the snazzy uniform. Lets hope they add it to downloadable content later on.

That rebel sniper is going to so OOO so annoying with that item.

Well, I'm assuming that the Rebel disguise kit is different from the Bothan's abilities. The Rebel disguise kit is probably like camoflauge <sp?> while the Bothan's disguise kit would be actually a Stormtrooper uniform.

But we don't know exactly what the disguise kit does...

Well, as we can see from the latest IGN Battlefront video, the Imperials have got to be the next faction to come. They didn't even show the clone faction in the video. The Imperials seem to be down and done.

And, it looks like this "Rebel Disguise Kit" is no more. It looks to be that all Scout classes have this "Recon Droid" now instead of unique items.

That would stink if that were true about the Imperial Officer being taken out. That really makes me upset that they put in the darktrooper. Why would I renact the Battle of Hoth or Endor with a darktrooper especially with a darktrooper? Another foul-up on Pandemic and Lucasarts part. You don't see darktroopers fighting the rebels at all in the films.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I wonder if you empire unit changes uniform when you go to tatoonie and becomes a sandtrooper. That would be cool!

So far, it doesn't look like it. But I am planning that for that mod I want to make.

That is a shame. The empire and rebels unifroms change when going from Hoth to Endor. Technically to be really authentic star wars, planets like Yavin 4 need to have troopers that look like the troopers from the film. Example being the rebel troopers with the wierd looking helmets in episode IV.

Archived