Home

Ultima Online Monkey Island Shard!!

Jediman

I dont know how many of you are familiar with Ultima Online, or have ever played it, but long story short, I have reopened my player run shard, and this time around I have decided upon a Monkey Island Theme! I wont take up too much space going through all the details here, but if your a MI fan, play or played UO, want to play it for free, then hop on over to my site and get some info!!

I think this is a first, so its gonna be great!

The link is in my signature at the bottom!

Well, the link is behind the button called WWW, duh!

Yet, Jediman's Realms Of Valor is offline at the moment, because Jediman is a cheapskate who doesn't want to pay for real web space and instead uses a dynamic DNS service.

If I'm not mistaken, a player run shard is - like a 'normal' multiplayer game - hosted by a PC, not by one of EA's servers.

Should be online, and im no cheapskate...its better for me to host my own site(s), although the site itself may actually move since i found a good site host, plus when i need to upload the statics and such. Anywho, guess the sig aint showing up lol. forgot to click the button.

Originally posted by Jediman

Should be online, and im no cheapskate...its better for me to host my own site(s),

Doesn't that mean that when you switch off your computer, all the files become offline because they're on your HD?

Yah, but the server runs 24/7, 365, and i have only restarted it once in the last 4 months tops, because of some critical updates. Aside from that its always on. Power outtages arent much of an issue here, and granted that it sometimes happens, usually the power is back up within an hour tops. Am I worreid? No. I have a seperate machine that I will be using for the shard itself come time, so I am not worried one bit. I keep almost daily backups of everything that needs to be backed up, and things run smoothly. When I was "offline" you probably caught me yestreday when I was rebooting the server.

Archived