Home

Beta Application!

Jan Gaarni

Maybe you can understand this, DMUK. :)

I'm trying to sign up for the Beta, but no matter what browser I use (IE and Mozilla) I can't access the page.

All I get is a page with this scribble on it. :p

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exeception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this reguest.

exeption

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PopulateMemberFromDB()_2: Unknown database error. Unable to execute query. Fail to convert between UTF8 and UCS2: failUTF8Conv

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve.invoke(RequestDumperValve.java:221)

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)

at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: PopulateMemberFromDB()_2: Unknown database error. Unable to execute query. Fail to convert between UTF8 and UCS2: failUTF8Conv

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)

at org.apache.jsp.activex_jsp._jspService(activex_jsp.java:410)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve.invoke(RequestDumperValve.java:221)

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)

at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

As far as I can understand it's the signup server, but then again, many I know have had no problems.

I'm running XP.

Guest DarthMaulUK

could be the server handling too many requests.

Might be an idea to re-install your java script from microsoft - just worth a shot.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

For those wanting to get into the beta testing, there will be a competition soon for forum users to enter

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Its probably them - no surprise there! It depends on how busy their servers are will all the applications. Try to register again, it should say that you're application has been received.

DMUK

Check out this thread.

EDIT: Just found out what may cause me to get all that jibbirish text when I try to register for Beta using my JanGaarni account.

I can edit my Station Account Profile, and my SWG Forum Account Profile, but not my SWG Fan Club Account Profile.

I can change all those accounts I just listed on my other account, OriesGaarni, and I'm able to see the registration page and register with that one. And I do it all on the same computer, using the same modem, same ISP, etc...

It's just that I haven't tried it yet. I want to register with Jan, not Ories, because Ories has a business to take care of and I'm uncertain if my char would be transfered over to the Beta Server. That would really mess up his corporation.

Do you have any idea about that, DMUK?

I'm also gonna post this on the Official Forums, see if GarVa will notice and perhaps be able to assist me.

*crosses finger* :D

I've always had some problems with the JanGaarni account though.

Back in the days, before the game, whenever I logged in to the old SWG Official pages, I was unable to load the main page again. But as long as I was not logged in it was fine. This didn't have much affect though, unless I was going to participate in a poll. :D

So I never got to do that. :p

Now though, the problem is alot more serious. :(

This is what I get, and what I used to get trying to view the main page on the old Official website before the game went live (but only the main page, all other pages were ok):

Archived