Home

Battle Report Thread

I thought I might as well start a new thread for our forum game battle reports.

Sunday 18th July 2004

While pbguy was unfortunately absent, this week we had the best turn-out yet - enough for a 3v3. Team 1 consisted of myself (Naboo), DMUK (Rebels) and StarWarsPhreak (Trade Fed). Team 2 was saberhagn (Wookiees), Connemara (Rebels) and General Nitro (Empire).

Saberhagen and DMUK were located next to each other, so saberhagen continually kept the pressure on DMUK. One early game highlight was my holocron relay - passing it from one dying Padawan to the next as Connemara's Padawans were hot on my trail. Everything was going nicely until Connemara dropped out. We continued on without her, as Saberhagen had grown strong enough to deal with being out-numbered. It was about this time Saber set up a shielded Fortress just on the edge of DMUK's base, and was harassing his workers with some Strike Mechs. Fortunately by this time I had already begun my trademark air-whoring, and my bombers made quick work of shield generator, two power cores and an AA Turret with only losing two bombers. I was quite impressed, so I sent the bombers back in to take out the Fortress. While I was doing this, DMUK executed a pummel drop into the middle of saber's sprawling base. I sent my air in as cover, and together we took quite a chunk out of saber's base with just a handful of units.

Unfortunately during our attack on saberhagen, Nitro must have gone for Phreak, and by the time I had started to regroup after finally being beaten off by saber, Phreak's base was no more. From the start of the game Phreak had prepared for this, having stowed a worker inside both my Command Centre. His new base was in my backyard, which puzzled Nitro somewhat I believe.

Soon I was ready for another attack on saber, maxed out on aircraft and with some cannons as support. The attack was going well, though this time Nitro joined in the defensive. Eventually I was overcome by masses of AA Troopers and AA Mobiles. But I soon returned again, this time with a host of Mech Destroyers to deal with the masses. I got some Bounty Hunters too to deal with the number of Nitro's Sith Masters I'd seen running about. DMUK and Phreak also joined the offensive, Phreak enjoying some success with his Droidekas. The attack was going well until from some hidden region of saber's based came a host of AA Mobiles, Mech Destroyers and other assorted Troopers. That offensive was finished.

Regrouping in my base, I decided it was time to take out Nitro. Without Nitro's help, saber would soon be overcome by our forces combined. I massed my aircraft to the south of Nitro's base when suddenly.... Saberhagen dropped out and the game suddenly ended.

Yes, the game ended prematurely. The scores at the end showed saberhagen with the largest score but our team as the "victors". I guess the thing this enjoyable game showed us was that it doesn't matter who wins or loses, a good time was still had by all.

Join us next week as we endeavour to not only have an excellent turn-out as we did this week, but we also hope our game finishes without any more dropping out!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Good write up.

I havent played for months - and what a game we had. Falling under attack so soon was tough as my T2 was pretty slow but managed to hold on as saber layed on the heat.

But my pummel drops soon did damage with good air support. If any of you out there fancy coming along, this Sunday, please do so. The Link is a sticky on the forum.

Normally, I would ban people who try to beat me, (looks at saber) but i will forgive....this time :p

DMUK

Yes that was a really good game. :)

I went for DMUK as I thought he was the best player on their team and thought if I didn't rush him he might rush me. We had a good trooper war. I did some damage and forced him to build lots of turrets then went T3 and with no pbguy, I reverted to the standard strike raid. I killed loads of Vostok's and Phreak's workers before I was chased off by mounties and grenaders. After that I went back on the defensive and concentrated on booming.

I had a good econ going by the time I did a fort push towards DMUK and started building artillery, but I'd forgotten about AA and Vostok made me pay.

The pummel drops wiped out a frightening number of buildings, but I survived because I had a huge base and 140 something workers. I kept rebuilding military buildings further back and got to T4 around this time I think. I'd already mined a lot of the ore and nova from most of the territory I lost. Vostok kept coming at me with air and I kept eating them up with my AA units. Then for some reason he built loads of assault mechs which attacked en masse supported by Phreak's droidekas and DMUK's mechs. Luckily I had 2 or 3 mech factories at the back of my base which were pumping out heavy MDs. My counter attack wiped out everything very fast. It was quite satisfying to see the assault mechs dying and thinking about how much nova had just gone up in smoke! But I guess Vostok must have had plenty of holocron nova whereas I was running out. I sent some workers to mine a nova patch in Nitro's base and put all the nova I could get into AA mobiles and advanced fighters, but there was no way I could keep up with Vostok's air power. Although I was holding out against the attacks and still had plenty of food and carbon, I wasn't in a position to invade their territory as my forces would most likely have been wiped out by Vostok's bombers. Then my connection dropped.

I couldn't believe my stats at the end of the game: killed over 700 units and lost over 800! Everyone else was under 400 I think, although I've had even bigger figures than that in WTE games.

Yeah, I was prepared to die, I basically set up my base as a "resource gathering camp," and moved into Vostok's backyard. I had a few troopers at my old base while I built in V's backyard. I also moved so I could have the river for food instead of farming. I would have gotten even more Destroyer Droids, but at 150 nova and only 9 nova for my hovercrafts, it took a while. I was making my second, bigger destroyer droid army when saber's connection gave up. Although, I'm sure I probably should have made something else since saber provbably had a lot of mech destroyers this time, but oh well :D

Great game. We gotta play again soon!

Guest DarthMaulUK

It was certainly one of the most exciting games i have ever played. Non stop action as the battles moved all over the map. Nitro trying to flank on the right at Phreak and Vostoks 'blue cloud' of naboo bombers backed up with my X and A Wings.

Im gonna make some time for Sunday, which might be my last game for a couple of weeks as I have to move again (dont you just love work)

DMUK

Nitro - I think he did know you were allies, just he's used to being by himself so forgot to co-ordinate with you.

Phreak - Yes, I always underestimated Bombers, but as I said in the favourite units thread, they kick ass.

Also I thought it amusing that although you set out to be a resource guy, providing us with stuff, in the end DMUK sent you more tributes than you sent either of us!

Archived