Home

Help! Having trouble installing CMI

Annoyingly, ScummVM will only elt you play the game, not install it.

My guess is, yes, it is XP. Have you tried changing the compatibility of the application. Go into the CD drive and find the installer (Ibelieve it's called Install.exe or Setup.exe, it should be obvious, I haven't got the game at hand at the mo) and right click the icon and the click on properties.

Click on the compatibility tab and then check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and the select an operating system (the best one's would either be Windows 98 or Windows ME).

If this doesn't work, then I don't know what to say. It may be a problem with your disk, as, as of yet I haven't seen any problems installing CMI on XP, only playing it.

Annoyingly, ScummVM will only elt you play the game, not install it.

My guess is, yes, it is XP. Have you tried changing the compatibility of the application. Go into the CD drive and find the installer (Ibelieve it's called Install.exe or Setup.exe, it should be obvious, I haven't got the game at hand at the mo) and right click the icon and the click on properties.

Click on the compatibility tab and then check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and the select an operating system (the best one's would either be Windows 98 or Windows ME).

If this doesn't work, then I don't know what to say. It may be a problem with your disk, as, as of yet I haven't seen any problems installing CMI on XP, only playing it.

Archived