Home

NPC Textures into All Textures

True_None

I was wondering if its possible to make an npc texture usable for both the pc and other npcs.

Ex1 Could the texture for Carth's clothing be altered so that it would look normal on Canderous or a male PC

Ex2 Could the texture for Juhani's clothing be altered to fit Bastilla or a female PC.

I understand that clothing for a female NPC simply won't work for a male PC, and vice-versa. I only ask becuase I have a really cool looking reskin of Juhani's original clothing and I'd like to use it for Bastilla and Mission. I already know how to alter .2da and .uti and .tga to make the thing appear in-game, but it the actual item isn't arranged correctly on anyone other than Juhani, becuase the clothing's skin uses Juhani's model as oppose to a 'universal' model..........at least, thats my guess.

Two ways of doing it :

The simpliest is extract Juhanis and Carths skin file , plus their mdl and mdx files , rename to canderous's name and save to the override folder

Do the same for Juhanis skin file and mdl and mdx renaming to misison's and Bastilla's.

This will make those the default clothing choose for them when you first get them.

You could if you wanted to keep the clothes through the game make a uti file for them based off the clothing uti file adding saving throws etc to he uti file.

The other way involves editing appearance.2da , copy Juhanis lines to Bastilla and Mission for modelb and textureb lines, Same for Carths to candderous's and the male PC's (only the L ones not the M or S ones as those are the scout and scoundral)

I was hoping to keep the model the same, but if I can live with it being different.

I do have another problem though, almost the same thing. I downloaded a mod that makes the male scout's default clothing into Darth Bandon's armor, not the fiber armor but the one he actually wears. I altered the .tga file for both the texture and the icon as well as a new .uti file that was supposed to allow any male character to use the same texture, but it was all screwed up, just like the other ones. Will the directions you gave work for this as well, or does this require a different approach. Note, the mod didn't come with a modified appearance.2da

I guess you could alaways make some type of disguise,

i.e. edit the appearence.2da file so that it has canderous' body and carths head then make the disguise refer to that model, but you would have to do this for each seperate character and make a seperate item, still would work though. So if you only wanted Carths head + Cand body you could make an armour of some type which does it.

I guess you could alaways make some type of disguise,

i.e. edit the appearence.2da file so that it has canderous' body and carths head then make the disguise refer to that model, but you would have to do this for each seperate character and make a seperate item, still would work though. So if you only wanted Carths head + Cand body you could make an armour of some type which does it.

Originally posted by True_None

I was hoping to keep the model the same, but if I can live with it being different.

I do have another problem though, almost the same thing. I downloaded a mod that makes the male scout's default clothing into Darth Bandon's armor, not the fiber armor but the one he actually wears. I altered the .tga file for both the texture and the icon as well as a new .uti file that was supposed to allow any male character to use the same texture, but it was all screwed up, just like the other ones. Will the directions you gave work for this as well, or does this require a different approach. Note, the mod didn't come with a modified appearance.2da

I threw Bandons scout clothes together in about 5 min. The Textures are specifically mapped for the models, so it is best to use the model that belongs with the texture.

Follow Jackels advise. What you are doing is farly easy to do(well accept for reskinning) If your just going to replace the the clothing then you will need the model for each class and or npc.

Archived