Home

Recruitable RedHawke Released!

New Version 1.4 Released 8-06-2004

Well after doing a lot of this! :headbump

I have finally finished my first recruit mod!

The NPC even comes with her own unique equipment!

The giveitem codes are in the readme.

Available Here! :lightning

She's a fiery redhead with glowing green eyes, a very powerful Neutral Force User, as well as a powerful full-conversion cyborg!

[Arnold]

Nanotecnologically Enhanced Tissue over a Hyper-Alloy Endo-Skeleton!

[/Arnold]

She is as close as I could get to a KOTOR version of my 14 year vetran PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG character. And her name is where my screen name comes from.

Here are her force power Die Codes in that PnP RPG system; (The codes in parenthesis are with her Sith Talisman Technology, using a Force Nexus Crystal)

-----------------------

Control - 14D+2 ( 17D+2 )

Sense - 15D+2 ( 18D+2 )

Alter - 13D+1 ( 16D+1 )

-----------------------

With Darth333's awesome tutorial/help/idea this recruit mod does some cool things;

First through the recruitment Dialogue with her you can choose the NPC you wish her to replace. Except for Bastila and Carth. :D

Second I have added four Journal Entries for her as well as a dialogue so you can talk to her a few times, you can even talk to her after you find out who you really are. :D

And Lastly she has a scripted exit in the game, one that varies ever so slightly if you are light side or dark side. You'll just have to play it and see! :D

Thanks to Svösh, RedHawke uses the cool Evil Bastila Texture as her clothing texture,

She comes with a set of unique Crimson Revan Robes, hood up no mask, as well as a set of similar attributed Clothes, using Svösh's texture, with the same attributes so you can have her wear either one you want. I love them both! Thanks Svösh!!! :D

This mod also contains files in a subfolder that will make this mod compatable with My other item mods and Revan The White mods.

Also a .KMM file is included to make this mod useable with Cchargins Kotor Mod Manager or KMM program.

I hope you all enjoy it! :D

Update History

---------------------------------

V1.1 - Fixed an portraits.2da error.

V1.2 -

- Fixed a possible crash problem on Unknown World when Juhani or Jolee has been replaced.

- Removed the option of replacing Jolee Bindo, as he is required to complete the Unknown World Temple.

V1.3 - Removed a duplicate RedHawke NPC upon exiting the temple if Juhani is replaced.

V1.4 - Thanks to a good question by IAmAJedi13 at pcgamemods, I corrected a Missing NPC breaking the 'Carth running off' Dialogue on Unknown World, when going Darkside.

Patches

---------------------------------

For if you killed Juhani and want to put RedHawke in that slot I am attaching a fixed dialog file just extract it over the previous one in override. It is just a quick and dirty fix to the dialog so the line about Juhani will still be present. ;)

RHJuhaniReplacementFixdlg.zip

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Xephyrus

Quick question, will have you to start a new game to replace characters or can it be done in a game prior to the installation of the mod?

As long as you have Not been to Manaan in your game yet there should be no problems! :D

First of all I would like to say Congradulations, because I know how hard and how long you have worked on this and it is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment, it is innovative and a breakthrough for modding I believe. Mav and Mav's little friend = :ewok: give it two thumbs up, excellent job.

I salute you RedHawke,

Mav

First off I would like to say great job, and I am currently downloading it as of writing this... and finishing it. Rarely does one see this much put into a mod.

From reading your description, I just have to say :drop2: and GREAT work.

Mav only gave it two thumbs up. I, however, give it ****** out of ***** stars (for those of you that can't count that's 6 out of 5 :D), :thumbs1::thumbs1: (4 thumbs up), a round of :clap2::clap2:, etc. Okay, MAYBE I went a littlle overboard... or not. RedHawke can be the judge :D. :cheers: RedHawke on a job well done.

Part of the reason I'm so happy is because with this post I will no longer be Bantha Fodder, I will be *drum roll* A PIT DROID... Well it's better than being bantha FOOD (happy mav). That and it's 05:00 here.

OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

:fett:

Originally posted by jedi_5002

OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D

You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D

OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

@ RedHawke

Okay so the globalcat.2da file will be easy to edit...Thank God...LOL, cause I know I have a lot more work to do to get this to work for me...lol

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I loved your item mods and I have waiting for someone to make a great NPC female. This is it! Won't be able to try it for a couple of days but If the mod works as good as your item mods, I'm sure it will be outstanding as well. It looks like I am going to have to finally learn how to combine Appearance 2DA files. So far, I have managed to "put that off" but the PC I use will conflict with this mod if I don't.

I plan to read the tutorials but there may be a noob question pop up in a couple of days.

Originally posted by RedHawke

It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D

You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D

So I am not the only one who is completely off his (or her) rocker... *crickets chirping*... Ok, so I guess I am. At least I'm not the only one who stays up 'til the wee hours of dawn... *crickets chirping* (03:00 is not dawn). Oh well... it makes me... unique... :).......... :(.......... :cry7:...........

You are welcome. Nope I downloaded 1.0, so I'll just mosey on over to pcgamemods and download 1.1 (have done this).

Ahhh, computers. So stubborn (more so than me) they won't do what you want if it is the slightest bit wrong.

Originally posted by maverick187

OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol:x5

No, I will not give you a break. Giving it only two thumbs up, when it is of clearly higher workmanship... blah blah blah blah blah... You should know better. :p j/k

Not as late as me (05:00, sometimes all night (I have few responsibilities currently (17, no job, no school (you know, a loser)))).

It smells like s*** though? The description says only they would consider eating it.

Why do you laugh at me with such zeal?

I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav

I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav

I second that!:D

Originally posted by Glamador

this thing is reallly great! i havnt tried it yet but it sounds wonderful...does it have voices?

Glamador, my freind, you seem to really have a need for voices in the game. :eek:

[sigmund Freud]

Tell me Glamador, how long have you been hearing voices? What do they say to you?

[/sigmund Freud]

J/K Glamador! :D

In answer to your question, No... there are no voices for RedHawke. Since Linda Hamilton or Heather Thomas weren't available, or free, poor RedHawke will have to remain voiceless. :D

I'm glad you all like the mod! :D

wow! i just tried it ingame (i wasnt up to manaan yet in my latest game). it absolutely KICKS ASS! the dialogue is PERFECT and all the references to obi-wan mixed with ur own ideas! absolute genius! get some custom voice acting in there and ur gonna be REALLY cookin'!...she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!

Originally posted by Glamador

she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!

Well Glamador you have to remember she is a 14 year vetran Pnp RPG character, I looked at the conversion information in the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG to WOTC D20 PnP Star Wars RPG in the Core book and she would be around Level OMFG+. And her stats would be actually twice what they are in game!

The robes aren't see through on RedHawke, do you mean when you put them on your PC?

The RedHawke Robes were meant for the NPC so they will be transparent on your PC unless you have My Revan the White mod installed as well, that will fix your transparency problem.

I hope this helps! :D

And Thanks for the compliments! :D :D

To fix the transparency problem on your PC you are going to have to edit the appearence column named envmap from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal for your PC's skin.

That could cause some problems Mav with other worn items in the game though, the reason it isn't transparent on RedHawke is because the N_DarthRevanF Revan cutscene model was used as her modelj and it has the EnvMapTexture field set at CM_Baremetal already on its line in appearance.2da, that is why I suggested my mod, as it does the same thing for the PC lines.

Of course I could be wrong on it messing things up, but I did change all of the PC fields in appearance.2da to CM_Baremetal long ago and some worn items went funky on me.

really?? what items, because I did that to correct the transparency on one of my robes, but I haven't had any problems with any other armors or robes and I've worn most of them. Oh but there was that one time where my PC had gold hair, but I fixed the alpha channel so it doesn't happen anymore.....lol

Edit: *below* oh i see, yea teh asian head 05 has a little bit of a funky texture file with the alpha channel and my guy had some pure gold bangs...lol

^^^^

[Ajunta Pall]

I... I don't remember... So long ago... So long in the dark.

[/Ajunta Pall]

It was before I upgraded my vid card so it could have been that, being that I was unsure of the cause, that is why I added "I could be wrong." :D

Archived