Home

What's wrong with Jar Jar?

General Theros

Ever since Ep1 has come out, people left and right have been bashing Jar Jar Binks. I was interested in some peoples opinions and why they despise Jar Jar so much. Let me hear from you!

General Theros

P.S. I like Jar Jar Binks, and the first civ I am going to try out on the full version is the Gungans.

I'm glad to hear from another supporter of Jar Jar. Truly I don't understand people's disgust with him. I found him hilarious and amusing! He isn't your typical Star Wars character for sure...though I would say his classic trilogy counter part is Chewbacca.....yeah I said it....flame away those who will....but I have some sound reasoning behind that. If anyone is curious as to why I think that feel free to ask!!

General Theros

Jar Jar didn't ruin the atmosphere.......I don't see how you can say that? He didn't ruin it any more than 3PO or Chewie in the Classic trilogy. Jar Jar acts as a tension relief character for this new trilogy much like chewie and 3PO did. Now....all through out the classic trilogy chewie plays parts in very serious and dramatic scenes....(Carbon Freeze of Solo for one!) Jar Jar was serious at times as well (think the Queen's contemplation at Coruscant and her dialogue with Jar Jar at that time). I think that his serious side will display itself more as the whole atmosphere of the new trilogy darkens.

General Theros

Guest Master Yoda

How can you even compare Jar-Jar and Chewie?!?!I dont consider Chewbacca funny,now 3PO and R2 they were funny but not in a stupid way like Jar-Jar. The reason I don't like Jar-Jar is because he acted so DUMB, I think they should have made him smarter then I would have liked him. I personally dont like Ep.1 nearly as much as the Trilogy(though I do own it), it just isn't quite as good, dont get me wrong its a good movie but not as good as the Trilogy.

Well....sadly I do not have enough time to explain my point of view on Jar Jar.......I do not believe that the earlier spoiler about Jar Jar that was posted is true.....I seriously doubt they would do that. Anyway, keep up the good discussion, happy gaming, and I'll see you guys later!

General Theros

Jar-Jar was pout in as comic relief......unfortunetly that relief was aimed at children.....If just some of those stupid jokes where taken out (*like when he got that droide stuck on his foot....) he would be fine......I really don't know why they put * there because its right in the middle of a 3 big battle sequences were where comic relief should be no where to be found........especially something aimed at people under 7 yrs old........

Archived