Home

New Screenies at LA site

Achilles

Originally posted by RedHawke

Interesting! :D

Though it doesn't look like tatooine, the buildings there have a rounded archetecture for sandstorms and the like, possibly it is from one of the new worlds! :D

That could be. The ship in the air reminded me of Mos Eisley so my instincts immediately returned with "Tatooine". The second thought was Telos, althought I'm not sure why.

The new shots of Coreila look great!

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

Do you mean pic 4 of 49?

If so, I am pretty sure that Mike Gallo says it is Onderon in the walkthrough video.

Yep, that's the one. I'd better go back and take another look at the walkthrough. I don't remember seeing anything other than a few gui/combat/dialog shots.

Mike Gallo Interviews

There are a couple of interviews here. The one called Developer interview 2 is the one I meant.

He says it is the city of Aziz (sp) :)

Thanks for the link.

Interestingly, Gallo states several times that TSL will have the same number of planets and about the same number of hours of game play in the 1st Developer Interview :(

Originally posted by Achillies

Interestingly, Gallo states several times that TSL will have the same number of planets and about the same number of hours of game play in the 1st Developer Interview :(

I wouldn't be too concerned about that one yet, it has been a while since the first interview was done, and he cant reveal anything so the initial answers have to be vague or consistent with the first game so as to not spoil anything.

Obsidian has since said there will be the same total as in KOTOR of seven worlds to go to, and that the worlds would be larger and more robust than the ones in KOTOR, that means the game will have to be longer by default, simply because there will be more ground to cover, and things to do on each of those worlds. :D

I wouldn't be too concerned about that one yet, it has been a while since the first interview was done, and he cant reveal anything so the initial answers have to be vague or consistent with the first game so as to not spoil anything.

Obsidian has since said there will be the same total as in KOTOR of seven worlds to go to, and that the worlds would be larger and more robust than the ones in KOTOR, that means the game will have to be longer by default, simply because there will be more ground to cover, and things to do on each of those worlds. :D

I don't know...I kinda feel like I'm being set up to be disappointed. I know they've made references to shuttle rides and stuff, so just because the planet will be larger, that doesn't necessarily think it will make it longer *remembers shuttle ride into the Sith base on Manaan*

Dunno, you could be right, but he says it about 3 times so I'm not getting my hopes up :D

I'm sure I read from someone at Obsidian that the game will take 40 or so hours with only doing *some* of the sidequests available for either side.

I can't remember where I read it though :confused:

That's about how long most people said it took to complete KotOR. I think my first run was about 32-35 hours, but I can get through it now in about 24.

EDIT: Now, if they reduce dialog time and increase combat/quest time, then that's another story entirely.

Dunno, you could be right, but he says it about 3 times so I'm not getting my hopes up :D

He did and that first interview discouraged me as well, but the keys to that are in the second interview. :D

In the Second interview he mentions seven planets but not a thing on how long to complete, if it was going to be as long as KOTOR he would have stated it again and he didn't, so that is what led me to my optimistic conclusion...

If it indeed turns out to be a 40-50 hour long to do everything RPG game I will also be very depressed! :(

He did and that first interview discouraged me as well, but the keys to that are in the second interview. :D

In the Second interview he mentions seven planets but not a thing on how long to complete, if it was going to be as long as KOTOR he would have stated it again and he didn't, so that is what led me to my optimistic conclusion...

If it indeed turns out to be a 40-50 hour long to do everything RPG game I will also be very depressed! :(

Again, you could be right, but I'll be happy if it's 50 hours long. Plus, if they're making KotOR III, I know I can look forward to more game time there as well :D

Again, you could be right, but I'll be happy if it's 50 hours long. Plus, if they're making KotOR III, I know I can look forward to more game time there as well :D

Agreed! :D

EDIT: Though with KOTOR, knowing the minimum you have to do, it takes around 25 hours to complete, I hope that is going to be at least 35+ hours with KOTOR:TSL! :D

Agreed! :D

EDIT: Though with KOTOR, knowing the minimum you have to do, it takes around 25 hours to complete, I hope that is going to be at least 35+ hours with KOTOR:TSL! :D

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I figure if you can shave about a third of the time off by skipping NPC side quests and dialog, then 50 hours should put us between 30-35 hours of game play. Not bad at all, since my first run of KotOR took about that long :D

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I figure if you can shave about a third of the time off by skipping NPC side quests and dialog, then 50 hours should put us between 30-35 hours of game play. Not bad at all, since my first run of KotOR took about that long :D

At that length of time we would also be able to adequately fill (up to level 40) those prestiege class levels as well! :D

Originally posted by FiEND_138

OMG!! The pic that shows force crush in action...... :evil3:

That's my favorite part of the trailer! That and Force Scream....and the cool combat animations...and the new robes....

*runs off to watch the trailer 50 more times*

GAH!!!

A cutscene for the shuttle into the Sith Base should have been there in the first place... somewhere Biowares QA messed up on that one.

Really? See, I told you that they should've let me write this game :D

Luckily it sounds like Obsidian has no intention of making a similar mistake.

Originally posted by Achilles

Really? See, I told you that they should've let me write this game :D

Luckily it sounds like Obsidian has no intention of making a similar mistake.

I thought that a while ago and then just after typed that today... I had to stop and think, with Bioware there is another factor to take into consideration with the first KOTOR.

Bioware had to work on the NWN engine and make the game work right in a whole new context, a lot more of their time was spent on that side than Obsidian will be spending on KOTOR:TSL, thus missing things like the Cutscene on Manaan, and the Mysterious Man unfinished Manaan quest were left... unfinished.

Obsidian has less of an excuse to make mistakes like that. We should as customers expect a lot more in terms of "bells and whistles" out of KOTOR:TSL than we did from KOTOR. After all, Bioware handed Obsidian a fully tested game engine to make their game out of so they have had plenty of time to kick the whole expirience "up a notch" so when we all play KOTOR:TSL if we have something like a missing cutscene that will be far less forgiveable than in KOTOR.

With this line of thinking Obsidian has some big shoes to fill, I hope their KOTOR:TSL game knocks our socks off! :D

Archived