Home

New Screenies at LA site

Achilles

Originally posted by RedHawke

I thought that a while ago and then just after typed that today... I had to stop and think, with Bioware there is another factor to take into consideration with the first KOTOR.

Bioware had to work on the NWN engine and make the game work right in a whole new context, a lot more of their time was spent on that side than Obsidian will be spending on KOTOR:TSL, thus missing things like the Cutscene on Manaan, and the Mysterious Man unfinished Manaan quest were left... unfinished.

Obsidian has less of an excuse to make mistakes like that. We should as customers expect a lot more in terms of "bells and whistles" out of KOTOR:TSL than we did from KOTOR. After all, Bioware handed Obsidian a fully tested game engine to make their game out of so they have had plenty of time to kick the whole expirience "up a notch" so when we all play KOTOR:TSL if we have something like a missing cutscene that will be far less forgiveable than in KOTOR.

With this line of thinking Obsidian has some big shoes to fill, I hope their KOTOR:TSL game knocks our socks off! :D

Before I found this community I really didn't question too many of the inconsistencies that I found in the game...things that left you scratching your head thinking "It sure does seem like they were going to go somewhere with that". Now, I when I see them I can almost picture what was supposed to be there, but never materialized.

The point is, you're right. Above and beyond the fact that they were handed a gift-wrapped game engine, Obsidian consists of what are widely regarded as some of the best developer in the genre. As such I am very hopeful that in Winter 2004 (whatever that means) we will be able to play one of the best games ever developed.

Originally posted by Achilles

???

I liked that ride. A cutscene would have added a lot to it though.

What was there to like? You clicked option to board then went to a loading screen. Next, you were in the Sith Base. If you mean wiping out the hangar, then that is different. :D

I guess what I meant was what RedHawke said---a cutscene.

It would be nice if somewhere in the game you could ride a speeder from place to place and have control over it like you would in a swoop race. :D

However, that might strain the graphics of the game engine. :(

Before I found this community I really didn't question too many of the inconsistencies that I found in the game...things that left you scratching your head thinking "It sure does seem like they were going to go somewhere with that". Now, I when I see them I can almost picture what was supposed to be there, but never materialized.

The point is, you're right. Above and beyond the fact that they were handed a gift-wrapped game engine, Obsidian consists of what are widely regarded as some of the best developer in the genre. As such I am very hopeful that in Winter 2004 (whatever that means) we will be able to play one of the best games ever developed.

I agree 100% with this statement. As much time as I have spent playing the game, I have justified the price paid many times over!

I never thought about the little inconsistencies when I played. The gane had far exceeded my expectations at the time that I was willing to accept any minor problems! :D

Originally posted by nacho35

What was there to like? You clicked option to board then went to a loading screen. Next, you were in the Sith Base.

I liked the break in the monotony of the "run somewhere, open a door" method of transportation. Granted, the shuttle was only a slight variation on this theme, but it was enough for me.

I liked the break in the monotony of the "run somewhere, open a door" method of transportation. Granted, the shuttle was only a slight variation on this theme, but it was enough for me.

Gotcha! For a second there I thought I missed out on something. I thought you might have somehow received an "automated" ride to the Sith Base! :D

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

Mysterious Man unfinished Manaan quest were left... unfinished

Actually, I always thought the Mysterious man was finished. Wasn't he just there to get you to

Hack the computer in the rebel base and get the film of the murder?

Well, yes and no. If you remember the dialog he says that there's clues in both bases. Since we don't find anything related to Sundry's trial in the Sith base, I'm assuming that it was cut do to either having too much going on there or complexity of the story line (ie they had something huge planned, but decided not to include it).

Same thing with the Swoop Racing. On Tatooine, there's the whole side thing with Nico. On Manaan, there's the Gamorrean rivalry (if you play DS) that appears not to go anywhere. Again, seems like it was supposed to be something but got cut.

Same thing with the Swoop Racing. On Tatooine, there's the whole side thing with Nico. On Manaan, there's the Gamorrean rivalry (if you play DS) that appears not to go anywhere. Again, seems like it was supposed to be something but got cut.

Exactly! :D

Plots and storylines like this that started to lead somewhere... then just died on the vine or had a really lame end, like with Signing Nico. They seemed like they would have been bigger... only to shrivel up and die on the vine...

And don't even get me started on the whole mysterious box thing... one phrase for it "A pointless source of some credits"

:D

Exactly! :D

Plots and storylines like this that started to lead somewhere... then just died on the vine or had a really lame end, like with Signing Nico. They seemed like they would have been bigger... only to shrivel up and die on the vine...

And don't even get me started on the whole mysterious box thing... one phrase for it "A pointless source of some credits"

:D

My comments were directed so much toward the Nico thing as the Gamorrean on Manaan. He threatens you and says you'll meet again, but you never see him after that.

...and the box? I think I did the box once. :bored:

My comments were directed so much toward the Nico thing as the Gamorrean on Manaan. He threatens you and says you'll meet again, but you never see him after that.

...and the box? I think I did the box once. :bored:

Yeah I half expected him to ambush me with a group of piggies on my way out to the Ebon Hawk... but nada! :eyes8:

After all what is the point of the annoying Ahto city secutity cameras telling me that I'm entering and exiting their protected security zone for anyway, they had to be a part of the lost Angry Ahto Gammorean Ambush plot... Oh well.

Yeah I half expected him to ambush me with a group of piggies on my way out to the Ebon Hawk... but nada! :eyes8:

After all what is the point of the annoying Ahto city secutity cameras telling me that I'm entering and exiting their protected security zone for anyway, they had to be a part of the lost Angry Ahto Gammorean Ambush plot... Oh well.

I think it was supposed to have some tie to Sleheyron, but who knows. I figured the cameras were there for the Genoharadan side quest and the Sith base shuttle.

I think it was supposed to have some tie to Sleheyron, but who knows. I figured the cameras were there for the Genoharadan side quest and the Sith base shuttle.

Yeah, that makes sense. I keep forgetting that Sleheyron was even supposed to be in the game.

I liked that ride. A cutscene would have added a lot to it though.

Agrees. Would have been a neat addition, kind of like the desent to the shadow lands on Kashyyk<sp?>.

*Also hopes if OE has to make cuts due to time, they add them back in later with patches, so said story points make more sence*

Originally posted by FiEND_138

*Also hopes if OE has to make cuts due to time, they add them back in later with patches, so said story points make more sence*

I agree! :D

Game patches that add game content as well as address bugs are a good thing! :D

Archived