Home

Shadows of the Empire Mod for JA (aka "Want List")

jedispy

beat the game on medium difficulty

Medium?! That would be nice. I'm trying to play it on Jedi, and it's @#$% impossible. So I'm at the...

point where you fight Boba Fett. I can beat him easily. However, Slave 1 takes me to town.

I'm getting tired of dying all the time. I can't wait to make it for this mod. LOL!!!!

Hopefully I can play on medium and get the ending I want. If not....then curse that @#$% game.

{EDIT #1}

Well....beating it on medium does not provide a hidden ending. (at least not for PC). Can anyone provide screenshots and/or dialogue details for the ending? I had a buddy once who claimed there was a secret ending where...

Dash and Han race each other in their ships after the events of ROTJ

{EDIT #2}

O.k. I've got more info now. Mercenary has provided a nice treat. He has a savegame in sote for 169 lives, all levels unlocked, and Jedi difficulty. Nice!! I'll have to check it out. I played it a little bit earlier, and I didn't see the ending. It may be later on in the credits, but also could just be in the N64 version. It's o.k. though if that's the case. I still appreciate the hard work Mercenary did.

In my random web surfing adventures, I stumbled upon an interesting spoiler, which may be my best lead yet:

taken from http://www.world-of-video-games.com/n64/game_endings/star_wars_shadows_empire.shtml

At the end it shows the Outrider in hyperspace. Leebo doesn't understand why Dash is so happy about everyone thinking he's dead. He says, "Well one, Xizor's sent every thug in the galaxy after us but if we're dead, who's gonna be looking? And second, it's nice to be remembered as a martyr and still be alive!" Then credits.

I'm now looking for screenshots to confirm this. Since it is unlikely that I'm going to play through the game on medium level on N64, I may just have to take their word on it. If anyone has screenshots, it is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdi Everyone,

I've been in contact with Jedispy about Xizor's Palace, I'll place a couple screenshots up here as soon as some rooms look perfect. The one problem I'm running into is Textures. I told Jedispy this earlier. I am so terrible with photoshp, everytime I make a texture, it never looks like its repeating and/or its like a flourescent light, and its like so bright you can't see. So if anyone that is skilled with textures, and has played in Xizor's Palace and know what the textures look like, please send me an email and send me some .jpgs. Also Jedispy said the BS Trooper for Xizor's Palace has already been made so if anyone can send me that, or give me a link as where to get it, that would be great,

Thanks Alot!

Mike Banks:fett:

Spy,

Why don't you send him the pics from Harry Potter I gave you? They would be perfect ref pics for the sewers....I no longer have them...cleaning misc files and games for more speed. Hard to believe, but my PC is turning 5 in June...had to move some stuff to keep the ol' girl running. I may treat mysel to a new one soon if the $$$ is right. The DELL package deals are tempting at around $1100 until you add the Klipsch sound system. What can I say? I LOVE it L O U D...MAYBE I'LL EMAIL KISS AND SEE IF THEY'LL WRITE A SONG WITH THAT TITLE!!!!

A good idea Mike. We'll need a texture guy to help with that. mikenike07054 said he's just putting in some temporary textures.

The harry potter textures would be more fitting for the sewer level/first chamber of Xizor's palace. For the rest of it, it should look more like something a Faleen would have for decoration. Still, a good idea. I think I have the pics somewhere in my computer at home (I'm at suck @$$ work now.)

Yea, i was planning on doing that. The original game made his whole palace look like a freakin sewer. After reading up on how Falleen's act, and what their like, I know a little bit more about how they would live. After i make the first few rooms sewerish, I'm going to start to make his Palace very decorative, with ornate designs and stuff. Since i read that Falleens are like really sexy, lol, I'm guessing he would have almost like a shagpad, and that is why i plan to make everything look lavish and expensive. Btw, i don't really nee textures from harry potter. I just need someone to make replicas of the textures(if thats not illegal) or ones very similar so i can get the lower level to look perfect. However if you guys think you want to make it look different, its your mod....Oh and one more thing, im kind of bad with these things, but the ftp server, i don't know whats going on lol, i dont know how to use it so sorry if i can't use it like everyone else...

-Thanks Alot

mmmm....Faleen Shag Shack. I LIKE IT!! For the seduction scene, we can have Xizor asking Leia "Do my pheremones make you horny baby? Randy??"

I sent you the bstrooper zip file. You'll need to pk3 it (just rename the file extension from .zip to .pk3). I have numerous screenshots of this level if you want them (about 200+).

Hrm....I wonder how our other levels are turning out.

Ok, thanksIgot it, i turned it into .pk3. It's probably bad that one of the few mappers that you have doesn't know how to do this but, how do i get him on the NPC_list in Radiant? And did you make an arena file and everything? Cause i cant get him in MP.

-Thanks alot

PMing you on that question.

As for the models in the SOTE MOD, I have not given them MP support. It's not hard to do (just make the bot files, etc...). I just don't really see making any MP maps of the sote mod. If anyone else wants to make a siege level, or what have you, feel free to have at it.

Maybe after we're done with the SP missions, a MP mod can be made. I'm more concerned with the SP. Single player is better than no player.

Yea, but like I said, I can't get them into Single Player. Have you tested them? Whenever I put in the entity

window "NPC_bstrooper" it does'nt work. When I load up it says, "Cannot load G2_model" or something similar. So I tried doing it in console "NPC spawn bstrooper" and it gave me same error, but a storm trooper spawned, so its like half the file works, lol, just not the other, I've re-copied it a couple of times. ANy help would be Scrumtrelescent.

-Thanks Alot

Mr. Mike P. Banks

Hey Jedispy, i sent you an email via your site asking if i could be Xizor and here is my voice sample.

I could not find any script of Xizors lines so i recited part of the conversation between Jabba nad Xizor.

Here is the original part of the conversation from the book on tape.

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Xizor%20wavv.wav

Here is mine.

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Me%20as%20Xizor.wav

I could change the pitch on it if ya like.

Well hope you pick me :).

Cool. At first I thought it was the same recording. Nice job. I like the intonation and emphases. Also, you made him sound polished like a businessman.

One thing to note. For non-human characters, I am aiming for accents different than British/US. It seems that native speakers of Galactic Basic either sound like they are from Britain & Ireland, or from different parts of the US (han, leia, & luke sound like from northern states, and Red Leader in ANH is from the south.)

I also think the russian/eastern european accent has been done too much. I like how the Nemoidians sound Asian. It's way freaking cool. Gungans sound...well I'm not sure how to describe it. I would imagine that Faleens would sound foreign too (again by foreign I mean non-native English speaking. My apology to any that this may offend). I think this is the one thing that pisses me off the most about Star Trek. "Hi, I'm an alien from the Gamma quadrant. Yes we call it that even though we don't have any foreknowledge of the Greek alphabet. Also notice that I speak in your accent perfectly!!" Boy I'm glad it's being taken off the air. Anyway, back to topic.

Preferred accents to try:

*German

*French

*Carribean

*Afrikaan

*etc...

Further SOTE MOD Xizor Notes:

http://www.jedispy.com/sote/characters.html#xizor

http://sotemod.rkwilson.com/scripts/xizor.htm

I see what you mean about the English accent. I printed out the lines and i was trying out a spanish type accent. Think of Antonio Banderas (sp?) mixed with my earlier recording. I'm at school right now so i cant record it and post it but when I get home, i'll put it up. I'll also try a couple different accents. Also, i can help editing the music and voices if ya want. Just tell me what ya need and i'll help to the best of my abilities.

[EDIT]I could also do the voice for the emperor if ya want but i think ya might have someone doing him already. I'll post a clip up when i get home.

Also, i noticed in the Script for Xizor that he asks Guri( i think), "Also, I would like to speak with Jabba the Hutt. Have him come here by the fastest ship; I would speak to him personally."

But you have no conversation b/t Jabba and Xizor. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or if the sialogue was just over looked.

But you have no conversation b/t Jabba and Xizor. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or if the sialogue was just over looked.

A keen observation. It is actually intentional. For purposes of making the game interesting (a.k.a. not making the player sit too long between levels) certain parts of the story had to be cut. For example, on Gall, I have it where...

Boba Fett stumbles upon 4-LOM and others trying to capture Han Solo. What I do not show is that Fett was being held in a shoot out with Bossk, Zuckuss, and others.[/spoilers]

I figured it should be fine to do, since in the first place the story was purposely fragmented. The novel, comics, and game all contained certain elements that differed from the overall synopsis.

So to answer the question, yes it was intentional.

Ah i see. So you're doing the same thing they did when SOTE was originally released. Ya have to read the book to understand it all lol.

Well i have to try and find the Comic, book, and the game lol.

GOin home in like 15 mins so i'll put up the voice samples ASAP.

[Edit]

Hey i have an idea about the Space battles. WHat you could do is, for example, boba fett fight with the hounds tooth, you could make the Slave one small (i think you can do it in the veh file ((they did it in the force council hq v2)) and have a hound's tooth that is smaller than the actual one but about the same size as the regular slave 1 or something of the sort. Just an idea.

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Vader%20has%20no%20love%20for%20me.mp3

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/Xizor%20takeover.mp3

http://www.shoopshq.com/Downloads/vader%20partner.mp3

Here are a few samples of my Xizor. I tried to do a german accent but i dont know if its good or not. Actually it came out more French than german lol.

I'm actually gonna try more for a french accent and i'll post the french files up asap.

Reviewing now. I will PM you.

Lots of people have asked me lately if anything is still happening here. Don't worry folks. We're still moving along. Things are just a little busy right now pretty much for everyone involved. However, we're still cracking. No word yet on when we can see a demo out, but to quote DFMOD, "it will be done WID."

Has anyone heard from minilogoguy18?? He was going to provide the Outrider and Star Vipers. All of a sudden he's disappeared.

Any other reports from team members??

Things are just a little busy right now pretty much for everyone involved. However, we're still cracking.

No kidding.....as a millwork (doors, windows, trim) salesperson for Lowes, this is my busiest season. Spring is where the $$$ is and all the hours get used to make the $$$. Add 3 little league games/practices a week to that, and I hardly have time for my computer any more. My microphone has dust on it...it has threatened to leave me and go out to L.A. and try out for American Idol if I don't get up off my a$$ and Resume/Finish my recording of characters again. ( it also has a possible future in a Motley Crue Tribute band, but those plans are just beginning to take any possible shape..I'll have to get a new Warlock Bass, Amp, and a new Nikki Sixx wig) See ya in a week or so, keep up the good work, and please send me a screen capture or two, I am interested in the level design/architecture at this point.

Mike Gunther

Voices, Creative Input dude, and lazy Beer Drinking Slob of the bunch.

Edit....I need to get a new quote for my signature!!!

Well It's more of a fake euro-alien accent. Our Guri actress is almost done with her lines. It's sounding pretty cool. I combined it with the xizor lines that GrayFox814 recorded....wow....it's cool.

To actually have a working conversation in the mod.....so sweet.

So right now we're waiting on:

Dash - MikeGunther1969

Emperor Palpatine - obijon1138

Boba Fett - obijon1138

Luke - Me

Guri - Jedi_Molly

Misc other voices too.

Also, has anyone heard from minilogoguy18?? I have tried to PM him, but there's never a response. His Outrider and Star Viper are totally excellent!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to checking this out, but I have a fear that I might not be able to. I know I am not the only one that this has happened to but because of all the DLs I have added to my Jedi Academy folder for MP gaming, I am unable to play the SP version anymore. Does anyone know why or how this happened to me?? Or what I can do to fix it? I'm thinking it was the JA+ Client side plug in that massed with the SP version. I've never tried a mod so I dont know if that will correct my problem or what. Any insight would be cool.

Not relevant to this thread, but if you uninstall the game, anything that is not registered in the windows registry will be left there in the folder. However that may or may not fix your problem. I recommend going to the appropriate thread for that (I don't know which thread that is off hand though)

Anyway, I wanted to announce that vocal recording is done for Luke and Guri. Thanks to Jedi_Molly, we have our first female character completed vocally. Now we just need recordings for Leia and

Mara Jade

Luke's lines are done. There are a few that I will need to redo, but for the most part they are done. I decided to have some fun and combine the lines into a conversation. I also threw in a narrator voice to describe what happens in the scene.

Warning: The link below is a spoiler!!!

Luke & Guri conversation

Also, I wanted to take a crack at the Lando voice. (SHREIK!!!! PH3@R!!!!)

Here are my sample recordings. Be serious and fair. I kind of laughed at them myself. I will not be offended:

Lando 01

Lando 02

Lando 03

Lando 04

Lando 05

Lando 06

Archived