Home

Help me with Launcher?

cheesecake

For the record, the launcher does not apply the debug patch (the debug patch, patches grim so that all debug messages are displayed in an output window).

What it does do is enable developer mode with the 'good_times' registry key. When this is enabled a registry key is written called 'GrimLastSet', that records the last room that manny was in. When Grim loads it looks for this key and if it finds it, loads up that room. So yes, not being able to start a new game is a consequence of developer mode and the launcher. To start a new game you need to delete the 'GrimLastSet' key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Grim Fandango\v1.0\GrimLastSet). Grim will then start a new game next time its loaded.

I will probably add a feature for this in the next version of the launcher as well as 'resume last saved game' or choose a game to resume. I wont be including an option to turn developer mode off because its needed to run without the cd I think.

OK. It's just a bit annoying that running the launcer exe just once will add the developer mode, which is hard to undo. When I previously had the developer patch, it sometimes made Grim Fandango crash, which was annoying when my friends were playing it for the first time.

And, i did mean developer mode, i just got my words confused ;).

No, unfortunately it'll come back once you start playing the game again. But it only takes 1 second to run the program to fix it anyway and it's not like you'll always need to start a new game :)

I'll try and put together a new version of the launcher with this fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived