Home

Loading times

Master William

Does anyone know how the loading is? As most of us know, Battlefield and all its mods load kind of slow, though not if you have a lot of RAM.

Is Battlefront the same? Does it work smooth in general, or is it like BF where you have to wait 20 seconds for the menu to pop up after pressing ESC, or the long load for a map??

The demo is smaller, and even though it's still loading the same level, I think it would load faster because the entire game isn't there to get in the way. But it should still be a relatively accurate way of guessing what the real times would be like, so it sounds good. And if the loading times are good on the PS2, then I imagine they'll be pretty damn quick on Xbox and PC. :D

Originally posted by Master William

Is Battlefront the same? Does it work smooth in general, or is it like BF where you have to wait 20 seconds for the menu to pop up after pressing ESC, or the long load for a map??

In battlefield vietnam it took me ages as well, if you disable menu music it will go a lot faster. Now after my reformat and my new gb ram it works splendid :D

Isoparm, i reckon the PS2 loads the textures from the dvd right? On pc it loads from the hard drive, which is faster

Archived