Home

New here, and looking for MI 1+2.

FTW

Hi. I've never been to this forum before, but I'm kinda desperate, so I'll just ask like this:

Is there anywhere I can get MI 1+2? (Yes, I've tried to illegally download through DC++ etc, but I didn't find any working zips.) The games are really old, but I don't know if LucasArts still haven't made them freeware. Please help me so I can play these games! I love CoMI and EfMI, but I've never gotten to play the first two.

Thanks for all replies.

Edit: I checked the FAQ, and saw that downloading the games is not allowed. I'm sorry for this. Can some moderator please delete the thread?

Pfft, I don't think people really care about downloading the games anymore. I believe Schafer said he would rather his old games were downloaded than not played, and the only people who would loose out these days are LucasArts - and no-one likes them anymore. Plus it always irked me when the word download is like a swear word on most gaming forums and can get you a ban just for saying it.

That said, buying the games is obviously better as you get them on a nice CD with a nice box and it makes a Monkey Island 5 more likely.

If you've tried all the obvious places like Amazon and other local game-stores's web-sites, then you could also try eBay. That's a good option because you can often find them cheap and with manuals and stuff, which you wouldn't get with a modern version.

If this doesn't help then tell us where you live and we might be able to give you precise URLs to where you can buy the games.

Originally posted by Gabez

Plus it always irked me when the word download is like a swear word on most gaming forums and can get you a ban just for saying it.

Should make a modern day version of Monkey Island about someone that wants to become a Hacker (or perhaps a Cracker, given the second challenge) who must go through three trials: Flaming (sword fighting), Identity Thievery (breaking into the house to steal the idol), and finding/downloading warez (treasure-huntering). :)

Kryllith

• 2 weeks later...

Then we'd have another West Side Story on ours hands...hmm.

If you want to go on the straight and narrow, try eBay.

Although my personal opinion is that if you really want to just play them, download them (if you can).

However if they are something that you intend to treasure, get the fully updated CD version from the likes of ebay. (as downloads typcically just contain floppy versions).

There was once a time where I would have posted saying "Oh, go to hell you scrounger", but no more. My eyes have been opened.

Liberty! Fraternity! Equity!

Or my prefered version (the version prefered by 9 out of 10 non-French-Revolutionaries)

Liberty! Justice! Freedom! Reasonably Priced Love And A Hard Boiled Egg!

Archived