Home

Boba Fett armor-mod project

Xavier2

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Put the disguise property into the helmet. So when you equip it, it disguises you into the Boba Head.

The line you copied out of Appearance should be one of the Male PC Soldier lines, doesn't matter which really. Then just give the armor a unique model variation, and set it to the clothing model or whatever you want to do.

You really don't need a new line for the armor.

Thanks for the sugestion Mono_Giganto. I was considering this solution giving the idea FunSolo posted. I'll have to make some .uti editing and transfer armor properties to the helmet, but i guess its probably the best choice.

Unless...I came up with something interesting i tried to test last night. It's the head #66. This head is:

the one from the cutscene with maskless Revan shown in Leviathan module.

It seems to me it should have some kind of command pointing to the appearence currently used by the player. This command/script is probably stored elsewhere, but if we could find it and edit it and perhaps its possible to use the armor without changing the head as well.

BTW, to create this unique model variation, do i have to create a new line in baseitems.2da or its enough to Hex edit the armor model?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Xavier2

It seems to me it should have some kind of command pointing to the appearence currently used by the player. This command/script is probably stored elsewhere, but if we could find it and edit it and perhaps its possible to use the armor without changing the head as well.

BTW, to create this unique model variation, do i have to create a new line in baseitems.2da or its enough to Hex edit the armor model?

umm, i think a simple hex edit should be enough. a new line in baseitems.2da is really if your making a new class of armors. unless you really want the armor to be unique, i wouldn't concern myself with it. well, thats my two cents anyway. :D

Originally posted by Xavier2

Thanks for the sugestion Mono_Giganto. I was considering this solution giving the idea FunSolo posted. I'll have to make some .uti editing and transfer armor properties to the helmet, but i guess its probably the best choice.

Unless...I came up with something interesting i tried to test last night. It's the head #66. This head is:

the one from the cutscene with maskless Revan shown in Leviathan module.

No I didn't mean to transfer the stats. By putting the disguise in the helmet, if you just equipped the helmet, you would still be able to wear other armor, but if you just equipped the armor, it would just show the armor. :)

In fact, PM me with the details about your Boba head, like it's row number, and I'll add the line into the 2da file for you.

Archived