Home

Rome: Total War

Hiroki

Seeing as our old thread was actually one for the demo, and seeing how the game is coming out tomorrow, or perhaps the day after, I felt it fitting to have a thread asking who shall be getting this excellent looking game from Creative Assembly, and Activision.

Links you may want to look at, if you are unfamiliar with the game: http://www.totalwar.com/community/rome.htm And http://www.totalwar.com/game/

I know I am going to be swooping this game up as soon as it gets in. It is pre-ordered and pre-paid for, so as soon as it hits the shelves, I'll have my copy. How about the rest of you, however? What do you plan on doing?

Keep in mind that this was one of the top games at E3, it got the best PC Strategy game of the show Award I believe, as well as an even greater Best PC GAME of the show, not to mention the runner up for overall Best Of Show and Technological Excellence. So that should say something, I hope you have it pre-ordered, or you might not get it. ;)

Well, I've been playing it for hours since I got it...I was up until 5 AM playing it last night. ;)

I've had a real time with it. Doing a few custom battles, sieges and raids. But the real fun is in the Imperial Campaign. Though, at this time I can only play a Roman faction, I believe the others open up after you beat the Imperial Campaign with one of them. I am not sure.

All in all though, this game has even more factions that ME:TW did. Very impressive. Anyone else got there copy as of yet?

Awesome. I need to have a battle like that. You have any really massive battles yet? I don't have enough troops right now. In Medieval, I had a few tens of thousands, and my average invasion group was around 2-5K. Totally wasting the enemy. Heh. :D The only problem is that they just evacuated the province when I poured my guys in. They accumulated around 25K troops in one province because of that. :eek:

So how many people in the Swamp are actually playing this game? 4? Not a good showing. C'mon fellow swampies! If any of you liked Civ3, you'll like this too. :cool:

Also, the TW series has a much different 'feel' from other RTS games. The "Age" series (AoM etc) feels like a totally different genre than RTW. Try the demo. It's pretty good, although the strategic map is not in it.

And the strategic map is a huge part of it. ;) I have massive armies at this point. Every group I send in has nearly a full 20 units in it. 16 at the least. I usually send 16 units in, and then hire some barbarian mercs before the assault. I send the Barbarians in ahead of the Legions. :D No need to waist good, Roman lives. ;)

Heh, been playing it all night. Got a bit in a rough spot there when I lost an entire army to the Gauls, had 7000 in deficit, a senate yelling at me and a city taken over by rebels. But now I have a nice, healthy economy, I wasted those Gauls with my horses, and I'm just about to reclaim that city.

And I'm still playing on the tutorial map, but that's not important :)

Heh. Been playing for two days straight now. Fun! :D

There's one thing that's really bugging me, though. Probably a noob question, but I am a noob, so...

How do you get lots of men in each unit?

See, they just stuck at around 20 people in each unit (13-14 for cavalry), even though I know there can be hundreds in each. And I just can't find out how you get more men into them.

Anyone can help?

Archived