Home

I really hate Acts of God...

Primarch

There I was, flying nice and casual (at least as casual as you can while trying to avoid broadsides from an SSD and ISD smile.gif) waiting for that little escape pod (the one with the stolen Death Star plans onboard) to reach the Independance.

There are no fighters left, after hunting them all down, and there isn't really much left that I can do but wait since the Pod is OK (i.e. nobody is targeting it)...and then there is an Act of God...I hate it when these happen...The bloody Pod gets caught in the crossfire between the Executor and Independance...BOOM...just like that it is gone...nothing I can do about it.

I was actually quite stunned for a minute because apart from the very first time I played that mission, I had never, ever lost the pod.

Oh well...the point of this post (there is a point) I was wondering if anyone else had suffered a similar fate, where God makes an unexpected apperance and completely cocks up a virtually completed mission?

------------------

'If the enemy is in range, so are you...'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions

The Fanfiction Archives

Guest Sheldon

Don't you hate it when a SD or the SSD or any capital ship (while you're flying nearby), makes a sudden, quick turn, and pushed you into a nice blue screen that says, "Mission Failed". smile.gif

Well, I hate that...

------------------

"Never regret growing old. 'Tis a privilege denied to many."

Guest garyah99

Excellent point Nine!! There IS a well known bug in this mission, but this ain't it. I've never seen this happen. I know that once the pod makes it to the Liberty, and the Liberty hypers out, many people get a "Mission failed" notice because the Dreadnought "Mercury" gets blown up. Could THIS be what's happening to you??

------------------

Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.

Guest Wraith 5

Gary...

I thoguht that if you left the avenger alive until it reached the next area, the deardnot would hyper out???

Ineptitude my pale blue arse, it was not a bug, the pod just got caught in the cross fire; that's my point, it was simply an Act of God...but in the end I got my revenge...

Did you know that it only takes forty-odd minutes to destroy the SSD Executer in an X-Wing...I've never been promoted to General so early in XWA before biggrin.gif

------------------

'If the enemy is in range, so are you...'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions

The Fanfiction Archives

Guest garyah99

Hi Wraith! Yeah, you're probably right. I never leave it alive long enough to find out!! Maybe I will next time though!! wink.gif

------------------

Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.

Guest Carolina Jedi

Hey the man upstairs does tuff for a reason!)

------------------

"Why does it feel the same to fall in love and break it off, and if young love is just a game then, I must have missed the kickoff."

-Blink 182 "Going away to college"

yeah i know your weeping now

Archived