Home

Ambient

El Virus

Hola, Priviet, Hello; I am new, but I have been kind of active on the forums these last few days, but you ought to understand that this is my first forum experience, which I have saved for one of my favourite games (if not my favourite), the Grim Fandango. It is a great, interesting forum.

Anyway I just wanted to know which was your favourite “Ambient” in the game (i.e. which scene do you thing has the best music, the best background, etc.).

My personal choices are the music on Max’s office and I really love year 2 of the game, I think all Rubacava is great.

Other Ambients I really like are the music on the LSA HQ, and the Compañeros (the one where the clown appears, in other words the Day of the Dead on year 1)

My two favorites for overall atmosphere are the whole pyramid at the End of the World, and Hector's greenhouse-type complex at the end of the game. There's something both chilling and, literally, wonder-full about the pyramid. And the flower garden area is simply chilling, oppressive, and scary - everything it should be.

For music, the Blue Casket Bop and Los Angelitos. Ninth Heaven and Compañeros are good too.

I won GF again, and I realised that the ending is great too, the music, the scene, all of it. I always stay watching the credits, they are great.

I always miss the characters of the game, all of them are great.

But while I was reading the credits, I saw the name Raoul, I never got to know who Raoul was, could somebody tell me?

Thanks, I always wondered who he was, I think on the spanish dub he is called Ruben or something like that.

Every time I watch the ending I get sad, but still it's worth it, I can play this game hundreds of times, and I'll never get bored.The game gives you a glorious feeling once you finish it, it's amazing:)

It's not an old topic, I posted it less than a month ago.

The jazz music of this game is amazing, as well as the rest of the music, but the jazz music is one of those things that make Rubacava beautiful.

Other musics from this game I like are Swanky Maximino, Neon Ledge, Lost Souls' Alliance, The Enlightened Florist and Manny & Meche

(I really love this game's music, I have downloaded it from grimfandango.net, and passed it to a CD & to a tape, so I can hear on my car, when I get out of my city.:)

Archived