Home

Stable ded. server config

Valkyrie

Not sure if anyone else has figured this out but I seem to have found that if you leave the players needed to start set to zero the server stays stable throughout the rotation. Actually a clanmate Cyclone7 suggested I try it. I've only had a chance to test w/ 32 players thus far. Anyone else try it? If it doesn't work I can post the rest of my settings maybe that will help. Tom I'll try it with more player slots. This is a pc server btw. - Valk

Well Valk it looks like it doesn't solve the problem after all. I was on your server tonight and it hung for awhile again.

Looks like they are gonna have to release a fix. There are so many servers out there being effected by it. I will play on a server till it hangs then I switch. It happens on every server I've played on so far. I wonder what the heck is causing it.

We originally thought it was your server crashing, but the server stays up. It's just that one one person is allowed in right away, and everyone else has to wait acouple minutes. I really hope they are fully aware of this specific issue and are in the middle of a fix!

I am not sure if there is any pattern at all.

The Ded. Server is just a crappy unstable program with no functionality...end of story.

if there were a real log we might be able to glean more...but for now all we can do is wait until they grace us with a new version

And a new version with radical features like 'stability' and 'minimize window' will be a long way off since they are porting the current one to linux before they even start on improvements.

Archived