Home

Sound Bug PC Hosting Server for PSII

Hi All,

I do not know why my Mic stops working on my PS II when I host a PC Server Hosted game for the PS II on my PC. The PS II and my PC are on the same network LAN which then goes to the DSL modem and out to the internet.

It is the wierdest thing, I jump into another server and my Mic works fine, then I jump back in the PC hosted game I created and it stops working, but my friends are in the PC hosted game and can talk to one another just fine, it is only me who cannot hear or speak?? Could this be a bug of some sorts? More importantly is there a fix or cure for this?

Thank You,

EL 420

Heh, doesn't sound like a bug any QA Department would come across. Could be a conflict with the VoIP network code or something, being supplanted by the PC connection somehow. Just a prognostication.

Doesn't sound like they'd bother fixing it either. You mean you're in two different servers on two different platforms on the same connection? Why? You can't possibly play both.

There is a program which turns your PC into a Dedicated Server for PSII games. This is what I am doing. I am using my PC to Host as a Server for PSII. Then I am using my PSII to join the Hosted Server. Works great except for the non-working Mic.

No, I am not trying to play both. Sounds to me like a bug in the program or something. I have tried to join in another server and my Mic works fine, then I jump back into my PC hosted server and the Mic does not work.

Hope this helps explain the bug/problem I am having. Hope there is a solution!

Thank You,

EL 420

• 2 weeks later...

Archived