Home

The Official Merged JK4 Speculation Thread!

Floppythegod

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Err this is old mate? real old? check out the dates.

Anyway for ur info their releasing force unleased for new gen consoles later 07/early 08 which, u'll be glad, has no Kyle or nerf herder costumes.

Yay, the models from JKA looked like **** :p

So it won't be released for PC?

Nah there's a whole thread in The Force Unleashed Forum on pc and I think they decided it wont:

TFU for PC?

My short version (the thread is three pages long but it has other peoples opinions) is that the game engine would be too complex for a pc processor to work with - new gen consoles have something crazy like six processor cores which kinda kick dual cores butts.

Everyone crazes over graphics but they dont lag a computer like the complexities of an engine can - after all you can always buy a £500 ($900) graphics card to sort that out. You'd have to have a beast of a computer to run the basic engine of this new game which you'll see from the crazy abilities if you look for some trailers.

They also wont release a dumbed-down version as this would cost them too much money to make it worth while. Dumbing it down would mean creating another game engine and effectively making the whole game from scratch again.

Hmm, i'm pretty sure PC's will catch up with Xbox 360's as it has only 3 cores and PCs will have 4 usually by next year, but you're probably right.

I am right and here's the reason - how many quad core computers will be around for £300.

It's an easy choice - do you want to play the new gen games? If Halo 3, TFU and Gears of War are the superpowered graphics games you want to play regularly then pay the £300 but it'll cost so much more to upgrade pc to 4 cores that no one will do it just for the new gen games.

Of course there is the advantage that a computer is a much more flexible base for games and can be much more easily modded and fiddled with (a personal favourite past-time :)) as well as being able to do other things such as word processing and is a much better strategy game basis having the mouse and keyboard.

Personally i would really like to play Halo 3 and TFU as i've played Halo and Halo 2 and really like the look of TFU but realise I'll pay £300 and then not play regularly enough to make it worth the money. I could just rashly pay £300 to be able to play the new gen games but I only really want to play a few of them. I will neither pay £300 for a Xbox 360 nor will I pay god know how many thousands for a quad core computer.

Archived