Home

The Official Merged JK4 Speculation Thread!

Floppythegod

Originally posted by iamtrip

I am asking how 2 analogue sticks and 10 buttons is sufficient?

I'm thinking more about having the two analog sticks. The movement of a mouse can be duplicated by one analog stick. This leaves the other to provide additional functionality not immediately transferable to the mouse. One analog/mouse provide the up/down/left/right swings for example, but the gamepad also has the additional stick to provide more input like forward/back strikes. This is the sort of versatily I am thinking of.

Gamepads are way below par for third person shooters and fps's compared to the speed and precision of a mouse

Good point. I agree completely. The mouse and keyboard system is what I prefer and I agree that it is more accurate.

Furthermore, how would you suppose that 10 buttons are better than over 100?

But a lightsaber system would likely never use more than 10 button because then things become very complicated and awkward. I mean, look at something Soul Calibur II. It has an amazing number of different moves with only the 10 buttons.

But you raise some good points. I'm just thinking that if a lightsaber system is designed to take advantage of the two analog sticks, then that system may not be easily transferable to the mouse and keyboard.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would make a star wars movie game... like this:

You start off as luke skywalker on tatooine. The whole story is told through his eyes, it starts off as the Jawa's come and sell the droids... and through a 2-3 minute cutscene shows luke picking them.. etc... him arguing with owen, and then eventually the game starts where you jump into the speeder with c3p0 and they drive away searching for R2. The first battle could be between luke and the Tuskens. It ends with luke fighting Vader.

Oh well, won't happen (well.. it sorta has on GBA, but I want a 3d FPS with lightsaber combat) I'd even be thrilled to have it on JA's engine.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

I wish they would make a star wars movie game... like this:

You start off as luke skywalker on tatooine. The whole story is told through his eyes, it starts off as the Jawa's come and sell the droids... and through a 2-3 minute cutscene shows luke picking them.. etc... him arguing with owen, and then eventually the game starts where you jump into the speeder with c3p0 and they drive away searching for R2. The first battle could be between luke and the Tuskens. It ends with luke fighting Vader

The only problem is you know exactly how the story is going to unfold before you play it.

A great Idea!12onetwoone1!

Whats wrong with it?

Prime, it is the greatest star wars story though, right? I mean... it IS star wars. So who cares if you know it. It won't be 100% exact anyways.

Perhaps they should add a few things, like a random lightsaber battle once in a while... and special bosses and mini bosses (just to add action)

Whats wrong with it?

Prime, it is the greatest star wars story though, right? I mean... it IS star wars. So who cares if you know it. It won't be 100% exact anyways.

Perhaps they should add a few things, like a random lightsaber battle once in a while... and special bosses and mini bosses (just to add action)

It's a great idea!!!!oneonetwoone1!

It is more of a personal preference really, but I like an unknown story for a game. If it is done properly, it makes me feel like I'm really in control of my own destiny. When the story is already known, it just seems like I have much less control over what I do.

But that's just me. :)

Heres Some Suggestions...

1.The Abilty to Select Some Allies For Missions, I Dont Know ANYTHING About Programming, But Would It Be Possible? i Want A Tame Rancor To Aide Me In A Trip Through The Sewers Of Corsucant! Of Course You Can Only Select Allies In Certain Missions, And There Could Be Forced Allies, Meaning You HAVE To take Them With You!

2.Bosses Engaged By What You Do In Certain Maps, What If You Pushed A Button In Map A Then Later You Have To Fight A Mutant Octupus In Map B! Wouldnt It Be Cool?

Thats All I Have To suggest!

That sounds cool... an octopus, yes!

I like the idea of alternate paths, and while they sort of gave us that in JA, it really wasn't much of a choice. Jedi Knight had something more, but even more could be done if they planned it out well.

As far as JK4 speculation/wishlist threads, there's already several of those, but I'm guessing you missed 'em. ; )

Originally posted by Prime

The only problem is you know exactly how the story is going to unfold before you play it.

what about an kotor style original trilogy game? you have soo many options outside of the main movie line opened up. you can go back to rescue your uncle and aunty and still rebel against them and go with obi wan. you can pick boba fett as your pilot instead of han solo, you can choose the dark side and reign with either palpatine or vader depending on who you betray. so pretty much you can anywhere from being a moisture farmer all your life to someone so powerful he can command the free mason's to get him coffee :D

I ran the Doom3 demo last night on my computer, it was choppy and slow, at minimum settings. : (

'Course by the time a theoretical Doom3 based JK4 came out, I would probably have a new computer that could handle such a beast. Right now all I lack is the ram...

Originally posted by <-KRT->Dhart

The sad thing, is even if another Jedi game is made, people will whine, bitch and moan no matter how good it is.

And bitch and moan until it gets made.

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

For those who wants to play JK the way it was meant to be, I'd suggest not bothering about JK4. Battlefront all the way!

But the Jedi Knight series is about, correct me if I am wrong, Jedi Knights. To my knowledge Battlefront has no Jedi, right? So how can it be the way JK was ment to be?

Or are you being sarcastic?

Archived