Home

rezzing.....

Does anyone know exactly what resources will be in the game? I can imagine that food would be one..and i was thinking possibly Metal or those lightsaber Crystals.....maybe wood...but i think metal would be the thing to build units and buildings...maybe energy pockets or cells or something hehe.....any ideas on what you think might be the resources??? :ewok :ewok :ewok :ewok :ewok

Read the Mr. Fixit review of Battlegrounds, there is a link on the Battlegrounds Homepage. In the Review they mention Nova(equal to Gold) Ore (equal to metal) and Carbon (equal to Wood).

The Parenthetical remarks are for those who have played AoE 2.

All in all, it looks ike a good conversion of resources from Historical to Sci-fi Tech. Good Job LucasArts! :D

Beats Me. I'm just referring to the review of the game. It's probably one of thos things where They couldn't think of any raw material references in the movies to help them out. Obviously, gold is not a factor in Star Wars. Credits are form of money, but you can't really MINE credits. It would be like mining Dollar bills :D (not a bad image huh?)

But in our galaxy dollars as well as other currency is backed by gold. So mining gold is a plausible way to make income in Age of Empires 2. However, never was it mentioned in the Star Wars Universe what credits are backed by, if anything.......SOOoooo, LucasArts went out on a limb and created the concept of Nova, which I feel will be a Energy like material,plasma if you will. can't wait to see it. Hope that helped.

Good catch, probably would make more sense. However, it seemed that gas mining (at least from ESB) could only take place in the atmospheres of planets, which would make it hard to incorperate such a process into Battlegrounds.

Unless they wanted to make gas mining possible through different means. Then of course you would have the Star Wars purists complaining, saying "That's not how they mined gas in The Empire Strikes Back, Lando had to build a City in the Clouds!"

Either way, LucasArts takes flak :rolleyes:

Interesting... The galaxy goes 'round economically based on a illegal substance. Now that would be Irony! :D

I don't know...may be sending the wrong message to kids if the winning a game is based on how much drugs you can mine! ;)

But, again. That would at least make a connection between the game and the Movies. You're thinking quick, again nice catch!

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

But in our galaxy dollars as well as other currency is backed by gold.

Well.....that's theoretically true, but we don't actaully have enough Gold to back all of the money we spit out, that's why we have the national debt.

Anyways, tibanna gas would be a very good substance, since it literally does make many things go round. However, is not a minable resouce, at least not on the ground, and it must be spin-sealed to be effective. They amy be able to find some way to do it, but it would be difficult at best. Good idea though.

haha, you want to name a resource spice? but i see your point, and maybe you or someone else can email lucasarts with a suggestion on the name of the resource. also note that depending on the civ that you use, the amount of a particular resource needed for that civ varies. for example, wookies will need carbon (wood) will be more useful for wookies, ilium usage will be high with the empire, etc.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Well.....that's theoretically true, but we don't actaully have enough Gold to back all of the money we spit out, that's why we have the national debt.

I was aware of that. ;) However, I was trying to point out the reason for the existence of "nova" in Battlegrounds without having to give a class in global economics 101. As it was, I came across as a long winded, pompous know it all anyway.... :p

Exactly! I mean, how often will it be referred to by name in the game? probably once or twice during the tutorial mission, and in the game manual.

So even if it's called a "cheesy" name, it really won't matter much. because you won't HEAR it much. It will LOOK good and PLAY even better! :D

Guest Tie Guy

Exactly! I mean, how often will it be referred to by name in the game? probably once or twice during the tutorial mission, and in the game manual.

So even if it's called a "cheesy" name, it really won't matter much. because you won't HEAR it much. It will LOOK good and PLAY even better! :D

Actually, you will probably say to your self, "i need some more nova" quite often", but i don't really care.

HEY.....are you making fun of how I talk? :? to you

Archived