Home

Charisma affects your force points.

Grishnakh

I have discovered something about the charisma attribute not mentioned in the game or the manual. Every experienced Knights-player knows that Wisdom modifies your number of force points and that Charisma is supposed to add modifiers to force related feats and powers and your persuade skill. I've never understood how charisma affects feats, it doesn't seem to have any effect on them at all. For instance, Weapon Focus: Lightsaber always adds +1 to attack, a high charisma doesn't change this. It's the same with Jedi Defense, charisma doesn't seem to affect it at all, and the only force power it affects is cure/heal.

What I've discovered is that charisma actually also modifies your amount of force points, like wisdom. My latest character, a ls lv. 2 soldier/lv 18 consular, had 346 force points at the end of the game (the highest amount I've ever had, btw), she had a wisdom of 24 (modifier +7) and a charisma of 14 (+2). A consular gets 8 base force points per level, so if you add the WIS and CHA modifiers it means 17 fp per level. Then if you multiply 17 with the number of jedi levels of my character (18) you get 306, add the 40 points you get for free when you become a jedi and you get exactly 346.

I checked this with some other characters I've played with and I realised that your charisma modifier indeed has an effect on your total force points. For instance, my lv 8 soldier/lv 12 guardian

had 124 fp, WIS 14 (+2) and CHA 12 (+1). Guardians get 4 base force points at each level so with the modifiers that means 7 points per level. 7 times 12 is 84, and when you add the 40 force points you get for free it's exactly 124.

This means that charisma and wisdom basically has the exact same effect. They both increase your number of force points and they both make your force powers harder to save against. The only difference between them is that wisdom increases your will save and charisma increases your persuade skill.

Did any hardcore Knights-players out there know about this?

Archived