Home

"...a more civilized time."

El Sitherino

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

i think a true fan appreciates the rhelm of oppertunity that GL provided us. you can use your own imagination. star wars is a creative playground that GL built. a tall tale for people to escape, if just for an instant, the harsh realities of our own world.

Well said, frequently I hear people saying that GL didn't do much after all and he must thank the EU authors for the huge success of SW.

Personally I think that everyone involved with EU productions (games, books, comics and CCG) must thank GL for providing them a great base for their creations.

Originally posted by Giddamon

Well said, frequently I hear people saying that GL didn't do much after all and he must thank the EU authors for the huge success of SW.

Personally I think that everyone involved with EU productions (games, books, comics and CCG) must thank GL for providing them a great base for their creations.

I agree. Nobody would make such a fuss about Timothy Zahn's original "Thrawn" trilogy if it wasn't Star Wars based (no offense Z).

A lot of the EU is just average or mediocre science fiction. Without the SW name to boost them (and for the fans who buy everything with the official logo on it they can get their hands on), many of these just wouldn't sell.

Archived