Home

XWA Upgrade!

Guest Zedran

Guest Joe Schmo

and can you do some stuff about ship destruction? ties are supposed to blow IMMEDIATLY after being shot up, and their explosions are supposed to be HUGE. when an x-wing goes down, the pit should CORKSCREW, NOT spin. and mebbe some particle fire coming outa there!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Schmo (edited June 07, 2000).]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OtanaMan

I hope they do change the destruction/explosion/particle effects. Not that they're no good in XWA. It's just that they don't have that movie feeling.

I can't wait for the patch to be released. The screenshots look awesome. I've always thought the X-Wing in XWA looked terrible. The X-Wing in XvT and X-Wing 95 looked better. I'm going to play the entire game after I get the patch.

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Guest OtanaMan

I'm not here to whine, but why didn't the XWAUPGRADE people just release an OPT after it's completion?

Let me try to answer my own question:

Is this because that way it'll be easier to install a group of new OPTs instead of one at a time?

Am I wrong?

Guest decoy

Your right, the patch will be self installing so it will be accessable for more people.

------------------

SOB KNIGHT 1

Time Zone Gang forum time + 6 hours

"Only feel sorry about things you didn't do"

Star Wars Space Sim Guide

Guest OtanaMan

I can't wait until XWAupgrade post screenshots of the new X-wing cockpit. I bet it looks really authentic. The one in XWA is really crappy.

Guest Joe Schmo

is it possible at all to edit the explosion and particle effects? i dun want a beautifully modeled and textured x-wing to go down in those cheap effects. i mean, the special effects in wing commander (only for the fighters) were better than this!

Guest OtanaMan

I've been to XWAupgrade from time to time. I was wondering if they're gonna show the

X-wing cockpit anytime soon. I'm dying to see what it looks like.

Actually, ANY new pictures would be fine.

Guest JC_DeadEye

There's pics of my TIE Fighter model floating around in one of the forums if you're looking for something new to see.

X-Wing cockpit? It looks awsome. Let me tell you that.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest Thrawn

I want a group of the smartest programmers to get together and somehow someway get SLAMS for the missile boat!

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest JC_DeadEye

Private forum. Looking but no posting for non-members. But check out the Y-Wing first, if you want. Decoy's got it almost done. I'm still just getting the textures for the TIE ready.

------------------

Guest OtanaMan

Hey...the Y-wing looks fabulous! Just like I expected it to be: Full of pipes and bumps. I also like the way they put in the torpedo launcher under the nose cone. LucasArts never did that. They only had a texture of it.

I also saw the TIE Fighter. The 3D model looks nice. I can't wait 'til they add textures to the 3D model.

BTW, you XWA Upgrade guys are going to do something about the TIE Interceptor, right? I think TG's T/I is a bit scrunched and.

Guest JC_DeadEye

Yes. I'm planning on making the TIE Interceptor right. The proportions on it a rather strange. I still haven't gotten it quite right in two tries at making the solar arrays. I think the guys at TG just said, WTF, and did it however they wanted.

------------------

Guest OtanaMan

Look at that...I've never finish writing my sentence. Oh well.

Anyway, good luck on the T/I. Seeing as how good the other models look, I bet the T/I will look authentic as well.

Let's not forget the half finished Authority IRD! (Guess which ship I'm doing?)

I really respect you guys doing the bigger fancier stuff. It's a heckofalot of work!

------------------

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

redstormvfa87@icqmail.com

Guest JC_DeadEye

Yeah! Just remember though, the Rebel fighters are the real stuff and I'm saddled with modelling the canon fodder ships. So, 'Nute, just think, not very many IRD Fighters ever get blown up in the game compared to Imperial ships. smile.gif

------------------

Guest Thrawn

I love what I am seeing of all the new ships guys. Keep it up!

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest OtanaMan

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

Let's not forget the half finished Authority IRD! (Guess which ship I'm doing?)

I really respect you guys doing the bigger fancier stuff. It's a heckofalot of work!

Half finished IRD? What do you mean by that?

image2.jpg

I mean the halfway done IRD I'm working on as we speak. (I'm redoing the forward fuselage and getting the curve right is hard)

I'm trying to get a good pic to show off.

------------------

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

redstormvfa87@icqmail.com

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited June 22, 2000).]

Archived