Home

XWA Upgrade!

Guest Zedran

Guest RAF_Corran

Correct me if i am wrong but i think you get full manuverability when the s-foils are open not closed but you do get more speed when they are closed. biggrin.gif

------------------

General Corran Horn

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OtanaMan

S-foils...that reminds me...

For the B-wing, will the engine block and wings rotate AROUND the cockpit or will the B-wing rotate on it's engines?

Guest JC_DeadEye

Everything rotates around the cockpit as it should. TG/LA was just too lazy to spend the time to get it working right so they cheated and had it rotate around the engine.

You'll love the B-Wing. It's my favorite I think. Have to check out the Y-Wing though, it's a hard choice really since all the fighters are so good.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest OtanaMan

Oh yeah...I absolutely love the B-wing. This is going to be a real treat for me. The XWAU

B-wing looks just like the one in the movie. Yeah and this time the Ion Cannons aren't shooting from above. Strange LA/TG messed up on that.

After I get the new ships, I would probably play around with the X-wing's and B-wing's

s-foil wings most of the time instead of blowing stuff up.

Guest OtanaMan

I guess a majority of my thanks will go to DS. I love the S-foils. Ooh...did he also make the pilot and R2's head turn?

Guest Darksaber

Yes thats right, I went thought about 30 or so Dxf's to get the Bwing to rotate correctly.

And thank you I hope you will enjoy all the fighters when they are released

------------------

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..... Then I came along!!!!

Darksaber's Opt Station

Guest decoy

Don't make a big mistake here Otanaman though DS does deserve a lot of credit for this patch. Please don't forget all the time all the other people have put in it by now. For example Nob is cracking his head right now over the actual patch, I my self did the Z-95 and the alot of work on the Y-wing as well as the Assualt Frigate and the Gunboat (which won't be in this patch), Matt made an exelent Gunship and there is more coming up, JC has lined up a bunch off realy cool TIE's. Than we have Sax who did some great DXF's which where used as base for some of DS's Rebel Fighter OPT's and Forceflow did a lot of work on the web site. Than there is Ypoknons, Hottie, Ace, K_Kinnison, and a few others (sorry if i forgot you) who where with us from the beginning and helped us out with some great feedback and other stuff. Now i'm not even talking about Stealth or Jedihunter who provided us with some great tools .....

Now the point i want to make is that the RFP will be released by the XWAUP team not just by DS, this is a community thing not a one person show. There are alot of people out there who have put a lot of time in this project and it would be a shame if they didn't get the recognition they deserve. We are a team and just because DS won't be making stuff for the Imperial Fighter Patch that doesn't mean his name will not be up there in the credit's he is part of that team even if he won't produce any OPT's for it any more he has paid his part in the total thing. Though the names of the team may change in the future that doesn't mean that the once who have done their work will be off the credits list. Yeah i know we are probably are working on a lost cause since we can't compete with the growing off the game industry. Still we do our best to pump these OPT's out as soon as our own private live's let us. Please don't forget about all the people who have contributed to the XWAUP this far they have earned your respect believe me i'm one of them and you don't want to know how many hours i have in it already.

Please don't misunderstand me this isn't a personal shot to fame and glory here. The fact is that even though the crafts you will fly with this first patch will be mainly from DS there is alot more to it than just making the OPT's the once who regularly visit our forum should know this.

Fact remains that DS did a great job icon14.gifsmile.gif

------------------

SOB KNIGHT 1

Time Zone Gang forum time + 6 hours

"Only feel sorry about things you didn't do"

Star Wars Space Sim Guide

That's the reason when i post a recognition letter to y'all, i would also put "you know there names" because i guess there are all of people involved it this project i didn't want to just single anyone person out. Believe me...all of y'all have done a fantastic job... Thanks

Sincerly, rogue518

Guest OtanaMan

You're right. Everyone deserves credit. But, I'm just saying I'm glad someone finally did the S-foils right...

...and the cockpits, laser cannons, engines, textures, 3D models, proportions...

Guest JC_DeadEye

Don't let Decoy fool you. He still hasn't realized Matt did the Gunboat, and he's doing the Blastboat..he'll probably insist on calling it a Gunship though. smile.gif

Just pointing out his blooper before any non team members can make fun of it. smile.gif

Oh, and the Imperial Patch should look like this...

XWAU: Imperial Fighters Patch by JC and Darkpetzi...

...oh

...and Matt and Decoy.

smile.gif

Guest decoy

Ok, ok JC i made a litle mistake there but hey you know me i can't handle that many words in one post i was bound to screw up smile.gif

Oh and Otanaman don't worry you did no harm it's an understandable reaction though i though i better explain the whole deal not just for you but for all smile.gif

------------------

SOB KNIGHT 1

Guest decoy

Originally posted by decoy:

Ok, ok JC i made a litle mistake there but hey you know me i can't handle that many words in one post i was bound to screw up smile.gif

Oh and Otanaman don't worry you did no harm it's an understandable reaction though i better explain the whole deal not just for you but for all smile.gif

Guest decoy

Why the hell did i quote my own post ahh well you see me and words don't mix smile.gif

------------------

SOB KNIGHT 1

[This message has been edited by decoy (edited July 18, 2000).]

. . .You might have better luck with them if you kept silent. Let them admire your physical prowess and noble profile, instead.

--Thersites to Ajax (Gargoyles: Dark Ages)

wink.gif

------------------

"Cavalry's here. . . Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but he's here" --Xander Harris

Guest JC_DeadEye

Originally posted by decoy:

Why the hell did i quote my own post ahh well you see me and words don't mix smile.gif

Too many beers? smile.gif

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Archived