Home

Quick favor to ask please

Saberdude99

I was wondering if maybe someone could send me a file that makes the jetpacks on both the imperials and the republic clone troopers unlimited energy, because i have no clue where to start on making this myself, also if at all possible could they be compatible with the Clone Trooper and Imperial Expantion mods, any help would be great. Thank you.

The problem with posting a file is that the rep.lvl file is 28 mb big.

However, this is how you do it:

goto your SIDE directory and BACKUP your rep.lvl file. Now open rep.lvl in UltraEdit.

type CTRL+H and CTRL+W so that it is easier to look at the file and search through it.

Now go to the SEARCH-->FIND (alt+F3) to do a text search for the word jetpack. At some point in there there is an instance of jetpack that is followed by PROP, some garbage, then 'hover'.

Hover is followed by PROP <garbage> then the number 0.1

Type CTRL+H again, and in the right hand column type in 9.9 to change the 0.1

Save and run your game and you should be golden.

Vigil

Okay let's try this again.. this time start with your clean (correct) copy of rep.lvl and search for:

‘hover

(Copy and paste the above directly into your search field) and it should take you directly to the entry you are looking for..

when you do the search you should see something like this:

‘hover PROP ¿Á%0.1

Change the above line to read:

‘hover PROP ¿Á%9.9

I've just tested this with a clean copy on my game and it works fine.

Lemme know how that goes.

Vigil

EDIT: Remember to change it in the column view, not in the text view that you have to use for searching.. You'll ruin your whole file if you do it that way.

Okay. Step by step instructions:

1. Backup (copy and paste) your rep.lvl file.

2. Open rep.lvl in UltraEdit.

3. Type CTRL+H then CTRL+W (this puts the file into a text view and turns on word wrap so that it's easier to look at).

4. Type CTRL+F (to pull up the find field) and copy and paste the following text into the search field:

‘hover

5. Type CTRL+H to return to the column view.

6. The line reads:

‘hover PROP ¿Á%0.1

In the right hand column put your cursor on the 0. Change that 0 to any number higher than 0 should apparently work. A 2, a 3, a 9... it should all work.

7. Save the file as your new improved? rep.lvl

8. Close the file.

9. Run your game.. it should all work now!

Vigil

I would absolutely love to have the E-11 on the Clone Trooper and Jet Trooper, but every time I try it, the game crashes. Is there a way, and if there is , would someone please tell me how? Also, I was wondering what the text name for the Republic's missile launcer is, like the rifle is rep_weap_inf_rifle, what's the missile launcher called? I would love to give my jet trooper a missile launcher, as I have an idea for a great mini-mod for the Jet Trooper. Thx

k. Let's start with the republic guys.

1. Open your rep.lvl file in ultraedit.

2. Type CTRL+H and CTRL+W for searching.

3. Search for (Again, c&p this string):

‘hover

You will see that there is a block of information there that defines the jet trooper. Find within that block the following entry:

rep_weap_inf_rocket_launcher

4. Hit CTRL+H and in the right hand column type over that info the rocket_launcher bit with rifle

You should now have something that looks like this:

rep_weap_inf_riflet_launcher

5. In the left hand column select the first of two characters that define the t (it should be a 7 (74).. Type in 0 and fill the rest of the t_launcher bit with zeros so that they become dots in the right hand column.

6. Save and run the game.. your emplauncher should now be replaced with the blaster rifle.

If you'd rather replace the commando pistol with the rifle you can- that entry is just a little bit further down- but word of warning! The info for the secondary weapon does not have a reload function so once your clip is empty you are done.

Next post I'll cover how to replace the dark trooper's shotgun.

Vigil

Okay.. Time to do the dark trooper. I personally prefer the way the dark trooper's jetpack works- the jet trooper would be okay if it were only faster- you positively crawl in the air, it seems like.

1. Open your imp.lvl file in ultraedit.

2. Type CTRL+H and CTRL+W for searching.

3. Search for (Again, c&p this string):

darktrooper_jetpack

You will see that there is a block of information there that defines the dark trooper. Find within that block the following entry:

imp_weap_inf_shotgun

4. Hit CTRL+H and in the right hand column type over that bit that says shotgun with rifle

You should now have something that looks like this:

imp_weap_inf_rifleun

5. In the left hand column select the first of two characters that define the u (it should be a 7 (75).. Type in 0 and fill the rest of the un bit with zeros (4 zeros) so that they become dots in the right hand column.

6. We aren't done. :) There are two info blocks for the dark trooper.. One normal and one for snow. So now we once again have to do another search. Hit CTRL+H and then F3 (F3 searches again for the same term you searched for before.. If you've messed up your search then do the normal search bit for darktrooper_jetpack

7. You should see a new block of information also containing the imp_weap_inf_shotgun. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to fix this entry as well.

6. Save and run the game.. your dark trooper's shotguns should now be replaced with the blaster rifle.

Enjoy.

Vigil

Originally posted by nemesis11c

Yes, I have already done that, but how do you give the Jet Trooper the ARC Trooper's Rocket Launcher?

I tried to look into this and I can't figure out what the arc trooper's missile launcher is supposed to be, precisely. So it's an elephant / rhinoceros cross for me. There's a lot of entries in these files that don't make a lot of sense still without being able to see what is supposed to be appearing around it- at least for me, anyway.

Vigil

(elephino)

EDIT:

It appears to me that the missile launcher is called:

rep_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher

which is one character longer than

rep_weap_inf_rocket_launcher

It could conceivably be done... I'll give it a shot.

Vig

Yep. That's the one alright. rep_weap_inf_torpedo_launcher.

I managed to replace the emp cannon with that, but it didn't let me have anything else- no secondary weapon and no grenades. It also left me with only two missiles and no way to reload it for some reason. No idea why it wound up working like that.

It doesn't look promising though.

Vigil

Archived