Home

Why Is It...?

F-Bomb

...that the mods constantly have their tongues superglued to the inside of their cheeks and a stick superglued up their butts?

I've noticed that Redwing does little else but make smart-alec comments and lock threads when it's not necessary. What was the point in locking down I'm Back? People might have things they want to post there still. Afraid you might lose patrons of the precious precious LF?

This is just a general observation though. It's not just here. It seems that everywhere the prerequisite for being a mod is having a vast repertoire of smart-ass things to say and too much time.

Why is it that you feel the need to comment on it? And why is it that you feel the need to come back here to tell us that you're too good for the forum and you aren't intending to RP here anymore? Most of us, I'd presume, honestly don't care to hear it. You could've PMed T10 about dropping by your forum, and not said anything about not coming back. This is a roleplaying forum, and you're not roleplaying, or discussing roleplaying, or even planning on roleplaying in it.

Additionally, while I may have my tongue firmly stuck to my cheek, but I flatter myself that you have no idea what is or is not up my ass. :D

The point of locking the I'm Back thread was that the nature of your post was to incite divisiveness. The last thing I want around here is a fight. If I was afraid (*snerk*) I'd lose patrons of my precious LF, I would've deleted or edited your post. ;)

Sure I make smart-alec comments sometimes, but it's my right darnit, I have to read all this stuff daily. ;) As for your general observation, certainly a prerequisite for being a mod is having too much time. How else would we moderate? :D

Anyway, if you want this to be a general 'wtf is up with the moderators, I'm mad at the world' thread, you might want to move your issues to the Feedback section. Otherwise, this thread is on its way to being locked, unless you have something more to say? Actual feedback would be appreciated, if you actually want to say anything useful. :)

Smart-ass or dumb-ass... I'm not sure which I like least.

Lol @ Redwing, good point about your ass. I'm sort of glad that I don't know about that actually.

Ok, you want feedback in the honest, constructive light? You've got a serious infestation on this board of RPers whose posts are either unintelligible or unintelligent. Now given, that's not against forum rules, but it's a serious problem for serious RPers like myself who would like to have a coherent, well-developed storyline. Also given, those types of RP's don't rack up the posts, but that can be a good thing.

Something needs to be done to provide for the serious guys and the not so serious ones.

And naturally, I have to say, something could be done about the mods' snarkiness, too.

And cheers, I'm not mad that the world. LoL

That's all well and good for an observation, F-Bomb, but what exactly do you suggest for this 'something'? Personally, I would suggest trying to help those who need help, rather then to deride them or make sure they know they're crap. The latter just causes hurt feelings at best and flame wars at worst.

I'm hoping by now you understand why I locked your (misnomered) 'I'm Back' thread. Where could that have gone that was anyplace good? :)

Oh, and by the way: Where did all the non-RPers come from? :D

Originally posted by F-Bomb

Ok, you want feedback in the honest, constructive light? You've got a serious infestation on this board of RPers whose posts are either unintelligible or unintelligent. Now given, that's not against forum rules, but it's a serious problem for serious RPers like myself who would like to have a coherent, well-developed storyline. Also given, those types of RP's don't rack up the posts, but that can be a good thing.

Something needs to be done to provide for the serious guys and the not so serious ones.

I've been trying to get people to spell check their IC posts. But they just won't. It takes a lot of way from the RPing when I get posts like...

I wlk into da room and i shhoot up all the peolpes with my blastter cannons. I shoooot u in da face wit a gun. Irunintosomewhere and decidenottoputspacesbewteenmywords

This can ruin the day for people who want a story. There should be some way to separate the people who are eight years old and refuse to post intelligently, and the more mature members whose posts are actually legible.

Yes, mods are supposed to change things - we stop flame wars and enforce rules! That's changing things! :D

Yes, there is alot of 'I wlk in an shoot u wit my blasters...' etc.- type posts, but it's not against the forum rules, and no one has made an RPG yet that asks for certain standards in posting. (Note: No one try making an RPG that has a rule "no stupid 8-years olds allowed" after reading this; I'm not talking about THAT kind of standard) And to be honest most of the (few) RPGs in this particular forum are designed for that type of RPing: Fight, fight, blur. Grammar optional. So I haven't done anything about it, as long as no harm's being done. ;)

I don't really think there's any way to segregate the illegible from the legible posters, besides putting some sort of requirements in your posts. But if you set a good example, critique, oradvise the people who aren't as 'advanced' as you, without trying to hurt their feelings, that works well over the long term, if you want to put forth the effort.

In most of the (few) RPGs I'm in (I've had to quit some because of time constraints, I mean I already have to read everything :p) there are rules against that, or ways to handle it. If someone walked in and shot up the room, other posters would have their characters, or new characters (government, police force) deal with them, violently or peacefully. If they do a whole bunch of world-takeover moves, then it's godmoding and is dealt with as such. It all works out, in that case, but only if you care about it.

You all realize you do have full control over your own RPGs if you want it, right? I've seen exactly one RPG thread around LF (maybe I've been skimming too much, so correct me if I'm wrong) with a rule that says you can't use netspeak (u, some1, etc) when posting to that thread - and it wasn't in this forum. The only unique rules I usually see are ones against swearing(!?!).

Anyway. Sorry for the mile-long post. ;)

Archived