Home

Sheet Music ?

L.E.N.A.

i'm sure there used to be a site on the network that delt with game music, i dont know if its still around though. you might try searching through these forums because the matter has been talked about before now...

it seems the search facility on the forums is disabled, you'll have to do it manually.

OK then :). I don't think that any of the other songs have had sheet music released, so it's going to be kind of hard finding them :p. But Alia managed to create some remakes of Grim Fandango songs, so you could ask her how she managed to do that. Maybe she found some sheet music, or is just a really talented musician.

What is that supposed to mean? Well, if you must know, I'm a talented musician as well, and I did the same thing as she...But original sheets are...well, original! :cool:

And hey! I saw that new developing game of yours...it seems quite interesting! That new design of the character is great! Just keep it that way.

What is that supposed to mean? Well, if you must know, I'm a talented musician as well, and I did the same thing as she...But original sheets are...well, original!

Oh ok. I'm pretty sure that the origional sheet music hasn't been released (if it had, it would either be on iMuse site or the GFN. And, my last pots wasn't meant to be an insult by the way ;)

And hey! I saw that new developing game of yours...it seems quite interesting! That new design of the character is great! Just keep it that way.

It's very exciting to find another musician interested in Grim Fandango music! I am not very talented at all, so I'm very interested in the work of those who are. Erm, what do you play?

I did release rather accurate transcriptions of the Sanspoof theme and She Sailed Away, arranged for piano. But I am a miserable pianist, and can barely play them myself. I'm working on others, but I've got a hellishly busy schedule. As soon as I improve, I want to transcribe all that swingy jazz stuff and subsequently take over the world.

I would really love to see/hear your work. Because, you know, everybody with secret GF sheet music needs to share.

well Alia, I'm not sure I understand - you wrote the notes, but you aren't good enough to play? Or you didn't wrote those sheets yourself? Anyways, my case is 'vice-versa' - I play, but don't write (I can read notes though, but I simply don't have enough time for writing - faculty is getting more and more hard every day!:(

Hey, I like your idea about taking over the world...;) And one more thing - you should know that there is always at least one more person with the same goal...

And now, a technical question for everyone - how the hell can I set up my avatar??

Originally posted by L.E.N.A.

And now, a technical question for everyone - how the hell can I set up my avatar??

Oh, I had the exactly same problem when I came here. You have to go to your control panel, then to "Edit Options". At the bottom you will see the avatar option. If you have your own pic just click "change avatar" and you will be taken to the place that allows you to load your own pic.

Well well, it's been a very long time since I've been here. (Please correct me, I'm German and just try my best ;)) I also asked for music sheets some time ago. I guess it was last year or so. :D

There is a "piano only" version of "Gambling Glottis" (I think it's in year 2 and Glottis sits at the piano in Manny's cafe), I found it in Kazaa a long time ago. Well, I'm tryin to make a transcription of this track to piano so I could play it. The melody of the left hand is quite easy but I don't get the main melody on the right hand. I play it like this: c d c f f g g f

Of course that's an easy version but the "c" is wrong. But when I play "cis" it's also wrong. It must be some kind of tone between c and cis but that's impossible. I can't help me anymore. Does anyone know what the hell I do wrong?

edit/ by the way: In my view, this piano version is one of the greatest jazz melodies I ever heard. It's just perfect. :)

edit2/ There might be a way to get ALL sheets: Contacting Peter McConnell, he's the composer of the Grim Fandango music. I think that won't be impossible. Maybe I should try, what do you think?

Originally posted by James Isaac

Do you know how to contact Peter McConnell? If you do, that would be a good idea :)

Good question. A year (or two :D) ago I tried to get some information about him and I found an interview. I think there was an email adress or so. I'll use google and inform you when I got some news. :)

Originally posted by Membrillo

The melody of the left hand is quite easy but I don't get the main melody on the right hand. I play it like this: c d c f f g g f

Of course that's an easy version but the "c" is wrong. But when I play "cis" it's also wrong. It must be some kind of tone between c and cis but that's impossible. I can't help me anymore. Does anyone know what the hell I do wrong?

I only had the OST Gambling Glottis, so I did the intro from that for you. Clicky.

And then I got home from work and found the track you're talking about on the LucasArts Soundtrack. It'd be fun to do the whole thing...

EDIT: Oh yeah, you might want to play the bassline an octave lower than I wrote it. Silly me.

Archived